X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Description Alignment

Hi all,

Look at this page: http://www.hst.com.sg/acatalog/Gianf...la_Cotton.html

As you can see the descriptions in align with the hyperlinks. How do i make it to be align with the image- which mean move the description all the way to the left?

Yours,
    Sweee
    Http://www.hst.com.sg

Ron,

I think you will find that this is controlled by Act_SectionLine.html

your existing code will set the image in one column and the text in the next as this
    Code:
    <!-- SectionLine HTML begin -->
    <!-- Insert HTML for the beginning of a section title -->

<DIV ALIGN="LEFT">

<TABLE BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="10">

<TR>

<TD ALIGN="LEFT" VALIGN="TOP">
    			<A HREF="NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLINK">NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONIMAGE</A>
    		</TD>

<TD ALIGN="LEFT" VALIGN="MIDDLE">
    			<A HREF="NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLINK"><B>NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME</B></A>
    			<br><span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTEXT</span>
    		</TD>

</TR>

</TABLE>

</DIV>
    NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT
    <!-- Insert HTML for the end of a section title -->
    <!-- SectionLine HTML end -->
    If you remove (or comment out) the middle column dividers you should be ok

<!-- /TD>
    <TD ALIGN="LEFT" VALIGN="MIDDLE" -->

your new code should look like this.

Regards

Code:

<DIV ALIGN="LEFT">

<TR>

<!-- /TD>

<TD ALIGN="LEFT" VALIGN="MIDDLE"  -->

</TD>

</TR>

</TABLE>

</DIV>
    Niall
    www.highlandclans.co.uk

Comment

Hi highlander,

I dont think this is the correct result that i want wor.. HAHA. I want to uplaod an attachment but i think its down. anyway, my product link was seperated from "Shirting Fabrics" to "shirting" below the Image and "farbics" on the right of the image. It is actually Correct if the description would be below the image instead. yup.

http://www.hst.com.sg/acatalog/Gianf...la_Cotton.html
      I thoght the description would better place to the very left, same alignemnt as the image.

Comment

Swee

How have you included the list of hyperlinks to the right of the images? Are they inserted as part of the 'section description'?

If so then you will need to insert the longer descriptions via a custom property (i.e. a new, user definable field). To do this:

1) Go to 'Advanced | Custom Properties' and create a new custom property called 'Description'.

2) Go to the 'Properties' tab of a section and click '+' to add a new row to the grid. Select 'Description' in the 'Property' drop-down and then in the 'Value' field enter the text for your description.

3) If you have a field labelled 'Use as CUSTOMVAR' then ensure it is selected.

4) Change your section link layout template to something like the following:
        Code:

<DIV ALIGN="LEFT">

<TR>

</TD>

<TD ALIGN="LEFT" VALIGN="MIDDLE">
        		</TD>

</TR>
        	<TR>
        		<TD COLSPAN="2" VALIGN="TOP">
        			CUSTOMVAR:DESCRIPTION
        		</TD>
        	</TR>
        </TABLE>

</DIV>

Comment

Ya, those Hyperlinks are Hardcoded into the Sectino's Description. But i do not want the Hyperlinks to follow the rest of the descriptions. Do you think its possible? I only wnat those "WORDS" to move under the image. The LINKS shall maintain.

"In the 'Value' field enter the text for your description" Quoted from CDicken.

What do you mean by the "text"? There are actually 5 different descriptions of those 5 products. If i were to enter only one text value, doesn't it means i only have one similar text throughout the 5 products in the same pge? in addition, i found out that the changes only applied to the:

http://www.hst.com.sg/acatalog/Shirting_Fabrics.html

not

http://www.hst.com.sg/acatalog/Gianf...la_Cotton.html

Comment

I only wnat those "WORDS" to move under the image. The LINKS shall maintain.
            Absolutely. The trouble is that both the LINKS for the section and the TEXT for the section are both stored within the one 'Description' field for the section. We need to split them into two different fields in order to put them in two different places - the LINKS to the right of the image, the TEXT underneath the image.

With me so far?

We need to create a new field in Actinic that will store the TEXT for the sections. We can create one extra field, and then for each section you can enter the section's TEXT value into the field.

Create the custom property in 'Advanced | Network Setup' then go into each section and enter the TEXT FOR THAT SECTION into the 'Value' field in the 'Properties' tab for that section as discussed in my earlier post.

I wasn't telling you to put the same text in for each section - I was telling you to put the text for whatever section you are currently editing into the 'Value' field for the new custom property 'Description' field for that section.

Comment

yaya! Exactly what i want.Understand what u mean by different Text for different section too! however, the next prob i have met is that, the changes applies on the parent section..not the child section? as i mention earlier. those Chg are on "shirting Fabrics" not the :Gianfranco Fila Cotton". Did i correct on the wrong file- Act_sectionline?

In fact, i am unsure of where shuold add those "DESCRIPTION" to which section because the output wasn't what i want even thou i think i have added it on the correct section page.

Comment

Take a look at this attachment. I added the "description" at the Section of "gianfranco.." and admentment ended up on the page of shirting Fabric. I added another one on "Plain" and the output turns out to be at poplin. Finally i tried the "poplin" section..it ended up even more ridiculous. Everything Changed but the one i want.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X