Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicates with different prices

Hi

I sell mostly one off items and I want to display them in several different section on my web site but all linked together as duplicates. This I can do using the paste as duplicate facility.

However I want to be able to change the price of some of the duplicates as I sell the same product in different formats, for example I sell signed pictures I only have one Bruce Springsteen signed picture but I offer it by itself, or framed or mounted in a display with a CD and other pictures. All of these options appear in different sections, are different prices but use the one Bruce Springsteen picture that I have.

can anyone tell me if i can change the price of a duplicate or another way to solve my problem.

Thanks
    Ian
    Commercial Cleaning Cambridgeshire

Hi,

I'm afraid that the price and the product name are linked to the original product so cannot be changed.

The only workaround I can think of would be to have your 'Bruce Springsteen signed picture' as a product in one section. Then in another section, have a 'Package' product. Create a component on this product, with an attribute for each option (ie picture, framed or mounted, cd etc) and the choices relating to these attributes.

So your catalog tree would look something like:

'Package' (product)
    ---Choices (Component)
    ------Picture (Attribute)
    ----------Springsteen (Choice)
    ----------Other image (Choice)
    ------Display (Attribute)
    ----------Framed (Choice)
    ----------Mounted (Choice)
    ------CD (Attribute)
    ----------CD (Choice)

Then on the component | Permutations tab, click the 'fill list' button to put in each possible permutation. You can then set the price for the particular permutation.

If each part of the package is optional you should create a separate component for each option, so it would look something like:

'Package' (product)
    ---Picture (Component)
    ------Picture (Attribute)
    ----------Springsteen (Choice)
    ----------Other image (Choice)
    ---Display (Component)
    ------Display (Attribute)
    ----------Framed (Choice)
    ----------Mounted (Choice)
    ---CD (Component)
    ------CD (Attribute)
    ----------CD (Choice)

Then in the component | permutations tab you can associate the permutation to a particular product that already exists in the catalog and set it to get the price from that product.

I hope this is clear, if not then you can get more information about components from the 'Starter Guide' or the 'Help |Help topics' menu
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X