Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page header / footer not showing

Hi all,

I have entered a header and footer in design options / shop defaults and even after an update and refresh they are not showing ?

Any ideas,

Mick
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Update

Just spoke to Actinic support and they said the Netquotevar's are missing from the "doodle" template which I use.

Put the Netquotevars in manually and I have the headers and footers

Mick
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Same bug

Hi,

It looks like Actinic have forgotton to fix this error in the new version 7 as I now have the problem again.

Trouble is I cannot remember where these netquotevars have to go or indeed what I need to type ?

Anyone got any ideas ?

Cheers

Mick
      Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

If you upgraded you will have a backup in the form Upgrade v7.0.3.0.0.0.FBIA within your Actinic V7 folder. Have a look at the old file
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thanks Gary,

Unfortunately this is a clean install and I have no previous v6 backups.
          Maybe someone from Actinic support will post the answer here for me.

Mick
          Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Any chance one of the actinic support staff could post the missing code for this ?

Cheers

Mick
            Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Mick

it's not very clear what you are after. Can you explain HEADER / FOOTER and exactely what is missing from them please.

Do you just mean text that should show at the top & bottom of every page
              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Mick,

reading the help file, the NETQUOTEVARs you want are HEADERTEXT and FOOTERTEXT. I would try adding the header just after the <body....> tag in a copy of your main layout page (Act-Primary.html?) and the footer just before the </body> tag. Change to this copy as your main layout.

Preview the site to see what that does and then move them around until you get the result you want.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi,

What im referring to is a known bug in the 'doodle' template. Yes its the header and footer text that you can input to show at the top and bottom of each page, absolutely no point in me adding any text because actinic forgot to add the code that actually makes this function work.

The bug has been present since at least version 6 and after upgrading to v7 I am a little upset to see that its still not fixed.

wjcampbe - thanks for the advice, however I seem to remember it was a little more complicated. Looks like i will have to get on the phone and bug actinic support again.

Mick
                  Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERTEXT and NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTERTEXT is more than likely the code Actinic forgot to include.

Save your Act_Primary.html (if thats your main template) as a .txt document and attach it to this thread.
                    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Doodle template fix

Thanks Gary,

Ive now fixed it with the following :

<!-- NETQUOTEVAR:HEADER -->
                      <div align="center"><span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERTEXT</span></div>
                      NETQUOTEVAR:BULK
                      <div align="center"><span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTERTEXT</span></div>
                      <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTER -->

I still have v6 on my laptop and I opened up a different template and searched for the code. I found it above and below the NETQUOTEVAR:BULK line, so I copied it to act primary and its working.

Thanks for all the help everyone

Mick
                      Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X