letting customer enter an item price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

letting customer enter an item price

I was wondering if it is possible to create a product that the customer can set it value at

for example

I sell goods via an online auction site and I need to be able to direct customers back to my website to pay for there purchase.

My plan is this

1: to create a product called auction payment
    2: In the prompt option field get them to enter what they are paying for
    3: Allow the customer to change the product price to what they need to pay for there purchse.

Does anyone no if this can be done and if so how

The only way that I could find a work around is to set the price as 0 and allow the customer to change the shipping price to the price that they want to pay which is not ideal as I also have a full shop running on this site

the website is www.electrosave.co.uk please note that it is currently being redesigned

thanks in advance
    David Mawson
    Phoenix Trading

http://www.sweetswholesale.co.uk - Wholesale confectionery suppliers

Two ways.

1) Free, simple but a little clunky. If you are able to take payments in multiples of £1 then you could have a £1 product and set the Quantity field to be used as the number of pounds to pay.

2) I have a patch (not free) that allows a product price to be overridden by the customer entering the value they want. You'd have to contact me by e-mail if interested.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X