Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Info on the same page?

Hi!

I'm new to Actinic, but am getting there (slowly). I have one question that I was wondering if anybody could help me with!

I would like the product information to load in the same page instead of a pop-up, a bit like www.shopatdigital.co.uk.

I've managed to get the product information to load up on the entire page by using Design>Text>Phase -1 ID 2175 and changing the script there (as mentioned elsewhere on here) but what I'd REALLY like to do is have the navigation along the top and down the side as normal. Is this possible? I've read that there is a way using Thumbnails but is there a quicker fix?

Thanks in advance!

im not sure i entirely understand what you want but you said about having the extended information on the same page, well surly you can put that information in the "full description" in the Product Details window. You can use HTML in the full desctiption by using the following tags:

!!<
    <HTML GOES HERE>
    >!!

Hope that helped?
    Cheers FrAz

Comment

Sorry, I'm still coming to grips with the lingo aswell!

What I meant is, I'd like to be able to click on "More Information" and it to load the extended info then. Does that make more sense?

Comment

Yes.... i think i understand... you want a text link to the "extended information popup"

Load the product windows you want and click the "Extended Information" tab
        Make sure the "Generate Popup Page" tickbox is selected. To your right should be more tickboxes. Tick the one that says "Text Link" below that, you can then enter your text link (eg "More Information")

If you then add the picture and the extended information text and preview the page, you will have a "more information" text link for the product.

Is that what you needed?
        Cheers FrAz

Comment

In order to include the extended information text with the main product details, use the variable NETQUOTEVAR:INFOTEXT within your product layout template - normally called 'Act_ProductLine.html'.

Comment

I think filoola's question is this:

Customer clicks extended info button or text link but instead of loading up a pop up the extended info page loads into the same page (i.e. _self) replacing the original product listing.

e.g.

Page with products A B C D
            Click more info for A
            Page reloads with extended description for A and nav link back to A B C D page.
            http://www.alternativefocusmedia.com
            Web services to the UNFCCC, Arts Council, SME and Retail. Web Marketing and SEO / SEM Services
            TEL: +44 (0)1636 706222

Comment

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              >I think filoola's question is this:

>Customer clicks extended info button or text link but instead of loading up a >pop up the extended info page loads into the same page (i.e. _self) >replacing the original product listing.

>e.g.

>Page with products A B C D
              >Click more info for A
              >Page reloads with extended description for A and nav link back to A B C D >page.
              <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I have the same question (as neatly expressed by altfocmed above).

Essentially, how do I do away with the pop-up for extended info, and have the page refresh instead - displaying the extended info, just like it was a link to a different page. I just don't want pop-ups.

Cheers,
              Neil

Comment

I have written a neat solution for this for v7 using the new duplicates feature. This is in the knowledge base HERE.

Of course you guys are using v6 which does not have a duplicates feature, or a linking feature, to be able to do this.

Rather than using duplicates, you can have products in more than one section in v6 using associated products and components. This is detailed in the Advanced User Guide for v6 on page 10 (you can get the AUG from the 'Download Center' on the Actinic web site).

With regards to the 'More Info' links to take you from the product listing to the extended info pages, you will have to use the 'Information Link Text' and 'File/URL' fields to manually create the links required.

Hope this makes some sense.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                  I have written a neat solution for this for v7 using the new duplicates feature. This is in the knowledge base HERE.

Of course you guys are using v6 which does not have a duplicates feature, or a linking feature, to be able to do this.

Rather than using duplicates, you can have products in more than one section in v6 using associated products and components. This is detailed in the Advanced User Guide for v6 on page 10 (you can get the AUG from the 'Download Center' on the Actinic web site).

With regards to the 'More Info' links to take you from the product listing to the extended info pages, you will have to use the 'Information Link Text' and 'File/URL' fields to manually create the links required.

Hope this makes some sense.
                  This seems fairly straight forward and I've gone ahead and created the new component and associated it with the original product etc. However I can't see how I define the link to it as you suggest:
                  >>>>>>
                  <<<<<

I can add the link text okay (e.g. "More details here...") but what do I point the File/URL to ? If I use the 'Browse' button for the 'File/URL' what should I be looking for.

Rgds,
                  Neil

Comment

I can add the link text okay (e.g. "More details here...") but what do I point the File/URL to ? If I use the 'Browse' button for the 'File/URL' what should I be looking for.
                    You actually need to enter the full URL for the product. You can get this by searching for the product online and copying the address in the browser into the 'File/URL' field.

Make sure that 'Highlight Located Text' is not selected in 'View | Search Settings | Results' otherwise you get very odd looking URLs.

Comment

Working...
                    X