Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

checkout question?!!!

Hi everyone.

I'm very close to purchasing actinic to build my site - after months of searching I just can't seem to find a better product - for the price.

However - I've been testing out a few sites built in actinic and I see a big flaw.

When you get to the checkout you are asked 'to wait while your browser forwards you or click here.

Now I would practically guarantee that all those actinic merchants out there who have this forwarding page -are loosing money - every day! It is a distinct barrier.

Does anyone know if it is possible to overcome and proivde a clearer path to the checkout using actinic.

really would love to hear from anyone - before I take the plunge.

PS I'm in Sydney - does anyone know any Aussies using/familiar with Actinic?

cheers

Matt

Originally posted by foxtrot
    Now I would practically guarantee that all those actinic merchants out there who have this forwarding page -are loosing money - every day! It is a distinct barrier.
    I don't understand why you think its a big barrier ? Are you thinking that users will give up the purchase at this point ? You could set the '5 sec' time to '0'.
    Web design Bradford

Comment

to right they will! from a user perpective it doesn't need to be there so why have it?

your answer does sound like a potential solution to the problem though - but I don't get what's the value is in having it , that's all.

thanks!

Matt

Comment

Lost sales

Hi,

Would like to comment on this, we have using actinic for over 2 years to collects sales from 5 sites and if you think that the user will go throught everthing up to selecting the product and them becuase a page come up asking the to wait for 5 seconds they will not buy from you, then find another site and start the process over again.

I think you are mistaken.

But as stated by Darren you can change the redirect time to 0

I think the page i worth keeping, due to slow connection speeds by some customers, so they know what is happening and second if the page does not load they can try and load it again.

Thanks
        Paul
        Director

www.babyechos.co.uk
        www.simplifiednetworking.co.uk
        www.raddery.co.uk

Developer 6 & 7

Comment

thanks for your response,

changing the time will have to do.

And yes I do still believe a 5 second delay is a barrier to useability -
          What is your current checkout abandon rate? Do you think , just maybe by removing that page you could increase your conversion rates?

Every piece of research in the industry would suggest exactly that......

check out 'don't make me think' by steve Krug - I trust what he says.

cheers

Matt

Comment

Working...
          X