Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still have smtp problems

Hi all,

After upgrading to version 7 I thought my email problems would be over but no such luck.

All I know is that my customers are receiving an order confirmation but not sure about payment and dispatch emails. I do not receive an email when an order has been placed and the shops email form does not forward the message to me but sends a receipt to the customer.

Getting a bit fed up with these email problems and some help would be great,

Cheers

Mick
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Are you using the Authenticated SMTP solution for your emails from the site and your software, and if so, what does your host report from the logs as to whether the emails are going out or not..

Comment

Email

Hi Mick,

The site is looking good...

Do you have mail throught your current service provider?

if you would like to try some different mails give me a shout..
      Paul
      Director

www.babyechos.co.uk
      www.simplifiednetworking.co.uk
      www.raddery.co.uk

Developer 6 & 7

Comment

Thanks for the replies,

Ive got it all working by turning off authentication
        Very confusing as I thought my isp and hosting company were denying
        the use of smtp without verification.

Here is what I did - I used the exact machine address of my hosting companies mail server and set up a forward to "sales" which now comes through my bt server to outlook express. I get an exact copy of the order confirmation email sent to my customers and they appear to be getting all 3 shop emails - confirmation, payment received, order dispatched

Phew, I just hope my hosting company don't start blocking me later on because if I turn verification on I cannot use actinic emails.

Cheers

Mick
        Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Email form not forwarding to me

Hi all,

Sorry to drag this one out
          As mentioned above, my order emails are working and I receive confirmation of orders placed and the customer receives all emails. However the shops email form does not forward the message to me but still sends a receipt to the customer ?

Im very concerned about changing settings again and wondered if anyone can offer a suggestion,

Mick
          Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

solved

Hi all,

For the first time ever I am now receiving ALL automated emails from my shop, including a free text message to my mobile when I receive an order )

In the end I disabled all passwords, verification, user id's, forwards, autoresponders from everywhere and thats the only way I can get the emails to work.

Phew, only taken 6 months to get there !

Mick
            Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X