Add to Cart Fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add to Cart Fails

As you may already know I'm currently creating a 'Local' catalogue and recently amended some HTML templates to mimic my main catalogue in the sub catalogue.

The site works fine that is look and feel but when I try and add an item to the cart it comes up with an error which is basically it cant find the requested URL. The 'Local catalogue' is located at :-

www.shopforbabies.co.uk/acatalog/NWales.htm

I'd be very grateful on any help on this matter.

Best Regards

Elfyn
    iBabyShop.co.uk

Hi there

Just added to cart, and it seems to look for the Act_PreviewWarningPage.html. Just out of interest, did you simply ftp the preview page to the site, rather than letting actinic generate a page for you?

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

FTP File

Nadeem,

I did use Actinic to upload and generate the catalogue. I amended one of the Brochure templates if I recall correctly.

Thanks

Elfyn

Comment

Hi there

It a strange problem, looking at the source of the page for: http://www.shopforbabies.co.uk/acatalog/bathtimenw.html

You seem to have

Code:
        <FORM METHOD=GET ACTION="../../../Act_PreviewWarningPage.html" > <A NAME="top"> <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=RANDOM VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:RANDOM"></A>  </p><Actinic:NOWSERVING/> <Actinic:CURRACCOUNT/><Actinic:LOGOUT_SIMPLE/>
        The above code is only for previewing the site, not for generated pages. Can you check your Act_Primary.html and check for any <FORM> tag. You may have hardcoded it in.

What you should have in the Act_Primary.html is:
        NETQUOTEVAR:FORMBEGINS and NETQUOTEVAR:FORMEND

Please check this, or if possible, attach you act_primary.html to this thread

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Cart Fails - More Information

Nadeem,

I've just realised what I've done, I've been amending the Act_productbody template and then been adding various HTML to it by copying and pasting from the preview of the catalogue to get the top title bar/navigation buttons and I must have copied some of the preview code aswell.

I've this morning started from scratch again amending the original Act_productbody but was thinking whilst doing this if this is the correct template to amend ? What I need is for the sub catalogue to have the same look and feel as the main catalogue.

I look forward to your reply in the near future.

Best Regards

Elfyn
          iBabyShop.co.uk

Comment

Hi there

Normally the navigation buttons are doing in Act_Primary.html, rather than Act_Productbody.html.

For your sub catalog, you would need sections. Within Actinic you can apply an Primary template to that. So my suggestion would be, to make sure, that you sub catalog follows the same primary template, as your normal catalog.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Navigation

Thanks Nameed, I've just tried this quickly and it seems to work fine. But there is still one question within Act_ProductBody I've amended so that I can see the top level sections. What I'd like is to have the same functionality for the sub catalogue but obviously when the customers click on the section image they are taken to the sub catalogue section. If you have a look at iBabyShop.co.uk you'll see the main sections across the top.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Elfyn

Comment

Working...
              X