Subtle Change to Invoice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtle Change to Invoice

As a developer and user of V7, I do like the fact you removed the phone number from the delivery address on the invoice printout.

What you didn't do is put the postal service on the same side as the delivery address below the website address.

I use the A7 documents enclosed envelope stickers and fold invoices to show the delivery address (and the web site address above it). I also give the option of 1st class/1st Class registered etc). It would be extremely useful to the 'shipper' to have the type of postal service below the website name.

It would simplify the postal process as then this would be visible to the person doing the franking of the parcels and would seperate the picking/packing function from the shipping function.

Can this field be moved? Can this change be put into 7.02?
    Adam
    www.collectandplay.com
    www.collectandplay.com - Combining Actinic Catalog and Macromedia Coldfusion in a heady mix of chaos and confusion.

Not everyone will want that postage service placed next to the address on the invoice to be honest, so not sure if adding it as a default would be a good thing, as an invoice is for accounts abilities for the customer at the end of the day and not for the shipper.

If you need it for your end, then maybe creating your own invoice using (I think) crystal reports would be an idea, or see if Mole End has one already created for sale maybe...

Comment

Well,
      If you print out an invoice, the shipping service is printed on the invoice. All I am looking to do is have this moved across to be on the same side as the delivery address.

I don't want it near the address, just on that side in that area which is why I mentioned putting it NEAR the web site address. I didn't ask to have it put near the postal address. In effect move it from the left side of the invoice to the right.

I would suggest you ask some of your existing customers about this. I've done a consensus of other actinic users and they would actually find this useful as many use the folded up invoice as the shipping label.

Doing this allows the end user to seperate out packing and shipping function.

Does anybody else think this would be useful?

Telling me to get to grips with crystal reports is not helping. Any chance you could provide such a template for people that would find this useful?

Adam
      www.collectandplay.com - Combining Actinic Catalog and Macromedia Coldfusion in a heady mix of chaos and confusion.

Comment

I think that the whole community would hope that anyone posting questions or requests for alterations to the Actinic system that would affect potentially thousands of site operators, would welcome the views and comments of other community members, whether its directly agrees with the original posters ideals or not, as that is one of the roles of this community and as such you should not feel that a reply (unless explicitily directed and malicous - which should never happen within a community such as this) requires anger or demands as a hit back to responses - such as your response to our reply.

Originally posted by collectandplay
        I would suggest you ask some of your existing customers about this. I've done a consensus of other actinic users and they would actually find this useful as many use the folded up invoice as the shipping label.
        Agreed that some might find this useful, that is not in dispute, but the whole reason for the answer we made was to highlight that not everyone would want that, and provided you a possible road to follow to how you could overcome this without it affecting thousands of Actinic sites that might not want it in a new position within their invoices by your requesting it arrive in the very next patch version of the software.

Telling me to get to grips with crystal reports is not helping.
        Don't see telling you to 'get to grips with crystal reports' anywhere within our reply, simply pointing out the ability for customizing your own invoices using that software.

Any chance you could provide such a template for people that would find this useful?
        As we already stated, Mole End which provides these types of services, i.e. custom labels, invoices and all sorts in that area, might be able to assist you. www.mole-end.biz is the web address.

With regards to you suggesting that we poll our customers on your needs for the shipping method to be in a new position, hmmm - let me check on who's in charge around here to see if we will do what you want. We have been providing Actinic services for over 4 years and when a customer approaches us and wants something from the Actinic system which is not currently available or not quite right for their own usage of the software, then a custom approach to the problem is sought, and as such we do not place the emphasis on Actinic to produce the change, thus affecting others purely on the grounds that we or some of our customers want it, when there is a much larger community of Actinic users out there than us or you alone; which changes of an invoice (public facing) nature affects. If a change to the Actinic system warrants benefits for all and is achievable and does not make changes that would affect in use public facing aspects now that site operators in general would welcome, then ofcourse we suggest them or say 'thats a good idea' if someone else suggests it, and take onboard the responses that other community members post, but we would not out and out become angry about such differing views nor exagerate what was actually said in a response because it was not the answer we were after.

To finish - sorry if this does not meet with your approval, but you, us and thousands of Actinic site operators would be affected by what you want changed within the default invoices, and we expressed that not everyone would want that sort of a change - some want a massive change LOL, but it is a balance.

Nuff said - Peace

Comment

Working...
        X