Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any one else on Fasthosts?

Hi Folks
    Were having trouble with Fasthosts and getting them to provide us with a Formail script (or equivalent) that works on their Linux servers. Basically they wont provide any help, either a script, or any info on how to configure a standard one on their non-standard servers, fantastic eh?

I was wondering if anyone could point us in the right direction, or let us have a copy of a working script, I would be very grateful as this is becoming a right pain!

Thanks for your time guys

Barry

If you are using v7, then I am sure that you have it built into your software under the contact link now, i.e. a form mail template and script that Actinic will automatically update....

If you need a separate one, then take a look in http://cgi.resourceindex.com where they have tons you can pick from, and with user comments will get an idea as to what should be easy to set up and what is more complex...

Comment

thanks very much for that, ill see how they go

In my experience these scipts all require some form of modification to work on Fasthosts non standard servers and I find it unbeliveable that they (fasthosts) wont offer any help or support whatsoever!

The Mail form in V7 is ok but we need more fields

if anyone has a formail script that works on Fasthosts linux servers I would be delighted

Thanks Guys, if only Fasthosts were 10% as helpful as you folks my life would be easier

Regards,
      Barry

Comment

I use a php script with fasthosts on the linux accounts as php is installed by default and this works fine for me - let me know if you want a copy and I'll send it or post it up.

- Kevin
        seo company: web development - online marketing - actinic ecommerce

Comment

Thanks very much for the offer Kevin, but It seems ive cracked the php from myself now, phew. Sometimes the simplest of things cn be such a pain.

And sorry to everyone else for posting a bit off topic, sheer frustration im afraid!

but i just checked over your site Kevin and was very impressed, it seems like we are in v similar fields, especially the music side of things, if you want to mail me off board perhaps we can talk more?

Thanks again for the script offer

Barry

Comment

Working...
          X