X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Products

Hi,

Quick question.

Basically I need to import all product information from one actinic site into another actinic site. How can I go about doing this? Bit stuck.

Cheers,

DB

If you go into File | Export you will then be provided with options to export the Catalog of products, customer accounts (if you have that feature) and your shipping tables, which you can then import into the other site, which should do the trick for you.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I actually tried that and was hoping for a magic fix to my problem - when mapping the fields, because the templates in site 1 are so different to the templates in site 2, I don't know where to begin as all I get is a mis-match each time I try.

Correction, I managed to upload a product called "1", with no further information, which as you might imagine wasn't exactly what I was hoping for...

Comment

The only other thing can think of is a snapshot...

Obviously this will overwrite everything in the destination, so if you need to keep the design you have created for the 2nd site, then try saving the 2nd sites theme, plus take copies of the shipping folder if that differs in the 2nd site.

Most of all, back up and make snapshots of the 2nd site before you import the 1st site snapshot into it, then apply the theme, copy back the shipping folder if this was different and then afraid you will need to change back the network and business settings information, but an idea.

MOST OF ALL: backup the site fully including a full snapshot before trying it so you can revert if necessary.

Comment

Last week I created a folder on my pc called "Actinic Backup"... I've since populated it with about, ooh, 50 backup snapshots. Actually I have the backup backed up.

Will do the snapshot suggestion, I can't see any other way. The theme .acd should do most of the work.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X