Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export customer information

Hi,
    Is there a way you can export customer email addresses for use in a simple database?

I'm new to all this and finding it a bit daunting!!

Hi Lorriane,

I know of several ways to do this :

1) Export customer details by rightclicking on orders and clicking on export orders (if you don't see export orders in the menu then you need to go and enable order export in view / business settings / ordering tab), this will create 5 files and the persons.csv file will contain you customer details, there will be two entries for each order. You can then import this information into an email marketing tool to get a unique list of names and addresses. (We have details of a nice free email marketing tool on our website - see groupmail free on http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Free_Solutions.html for more details)

Actinic will allow you to export up to about 119 orders at a time, so you might have to repeat this processing several times.

2) You can export the same details directly from the database by opening up actinicCatalog.mdb (it is in your site directory) and exporting the person table to csv - this will include orders marked for purge as well so be careful. Again you will have duplicate entries so you will need to create a unique list from these.

3) If you don't have access, you can import the persons table into a program such as excel using the 'get external data' option (this is on the tools menu), the external source to link to is an odbc connection called ActinicCatalog6.

4) The easiest way, in my opinion is to use our One Stop Marketing plugin, this allows to you extract user details from Actinic by either specifying dates, products purchased (or not purchased), location, status and more.
    It has a one click installation and is very easy to use. You can find more details and a free trial for this product at the URL below.

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/One...Marketing.html

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi,

I have followed the directions as detailed but when I go back into Actinic, the oders have moved from pending into completed?!

Is there any way I can put them back into pending?

Please help!?!?!

Comment

I'm afraid not. Exporting an order will complete an order if the payments have been marked as received and the line items have been marked as shipped (or you have 'Bypass Catalog Order Processing' selected in 'Business Settings | Ordering').

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, however, I have not marked the payments as received or shipped and the By Pass Catalogue Order Processing has not been selected in Business settings.

Please advise?!?!?!

Comment

If you download one of our products and use it to set the print status to 'Not printed' the orders should go back to pending if you go into each of them and look at the payments page.

The best product to use for this would be One Stop Order Processing, download it and install the free trial, select the orders you want to move back into pending, tick the packing list box under reports, then go into options, go to the packing list options, in the Actinic settings box, tick 'Mark Report as' and then select 'Not printed'. Click on Set Print Status. You can download One Stop Order Processing from the URL below :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/One...rocessing.html

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X