Updating Data From Sage into V7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating Data From Sage into V7

If i update my products into actinic from sage and use the update option, how does it handle the data.

I have approx 6000 objects in sage, and i will only be putting about 1500 of them into my web shop. (I have deleted the ones that i don't want on the shop, products such as internal stock used on projects) Will it import all of the data into actinic or will it only import the data that i have already entered. Additionally I am changing some of the titles within Actinic to make them slightly clearer and more descriptive to my cusomers. Will this be affected by an update?

I appreciate that if i want to update stock levels it will do that easily, I want to know what would happen when i update from sage when i enter new products onto sage. I foiund the manual a bit vague on this point - or its my lack of understanding

Cheers

Sparky

Hi Sparky,

You can delete products, change images, add components, attributes and choices, change text etc. within Actinic and not have these amendments overwritten if update is selected.

If you create new products in Sage and alter stock levels then run an update, only these changes will show in Actinic. Your changes made through the software will not be overwritten.

I hope this helps.
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Working...
    X