Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to have account name at top of page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to have account name at top of page?

Hello - I was wondering if the following was possible. After a user logs in they receive a

Welcome - <users name>

How would it be possible to have thier name on every page within the catalog wherever they went. This would be quite useful as users are aloud to browse the website regardless if they are logged in or not. They are only aloud to order, however if they are logged in. So to have thier name displayed somewhere would enable them to see if they are logged in or not. Such as,

Logged In As: <users name>

However, I only need it to be displayed when a user logs in. I need it to be either invisable or saying something like <User: Not Logged In> or whatever.

Would this be possible?

Thanks
    Paul Carruthers
    Inkjet Direct (Europe) Limited
    www.ink4trade.co.uk
    paul.carruthers@inkjetdirect.net
    Actinic V6 Developer

Hi Paul

Generally, when a customer logs in, his/her account information, i.e., Username, Account name and the logout button will be displayed on the top of every page throughout the shop, till the receipt page (if they complete an order).

If however, they are not logged in, nothing will be displayed in the shop pages. If the site has a restriction of not allowing orders from unregistered customers (View | Business Settings | Ordering), and the customer has not logged in or is unregistered, then they will be displayed a message when adding to cart : "This catalog is reserved for registered customers only........." .

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

No logout button?

Hi
      Our trade site only allows orders from registered customers however there is no way to logout? None of the info shown below is displayed. We're on V9 multi-user multi-site

I assume there's some code missing and I need to restore a factory set from somewhere but I don't know which template that would be.

Thanks D

Originally posted by Krithika View Post
      Hi Paul

Generally, when a customer logs in, his/her account information, i.e., Username, Account name and the logout button will be displayed on the top of every page throughout the shop, till the receipt page (if they complete an order).
      Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

I added just this to to a site yesterday myself, license a new site and it's in the overall layout Donna, three variables next to each other in itallics.

Comment

Thanks Lee, a star as always.

I've even managed to get it to go where I wanted it and align it to the right!

D x
          Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

Working...
          X