Access Database and V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access Database and V3

I want to be able to open the Access database V3 uses so i can print out product lists for customers, however I don't seem to be able to, anyone know a way of doing this?

Basically I want to print out a list of all my products, Heading, description and price, the features the catalogue offers either lets you print heading and price, or heading, description, price, url to image, and a load of other un-necessary bumpf

Any help offered will be gratefully received.

Hi Ian

You can extract this information by creating a query in Access. Please follow these steps:

1. Browse to C:\Program Files\Actinic Catalog v3\Site1 and locate ActinicCatalog.mdb. Double-click to open the file in Access.

2. In Access, in the left-hand pane of the database window, click on Objects button to expand it. Now click on Queries, and in the right-hand pane double-click on Create query by using Wizard.

3. In the window that opens up, select the table name (Product) from the drop-down list and in the window below it, click on the fields you wish to extract information from and then click on the right arrow to add them to the adjacent pane. Click Next

4. Select the option "Detail (shows every....)" and click Next

5. Assign a name to your query, select "Open the query to view information" and click on Finish.

This will bring up a table with data from only the selected fields from the Product table. To view this information alone each time you open the database, you just need to double-click on the saved query.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Hi

As an addendum, when you open ActinicCatalog.mdb, you will be asked to convert the database after opening it in Access, alongwith the message :You can't make changes to the database objects......."
      Please do not convert the database. Follow these steps instead :

Click on File | New and create a new database. Click on File | GetExternalData | Link Tables, browse through the file finder to select ActinicCatalog.mdb, and click on Link. In the Link Tables window, click on Select All and OK. You can now modify and save the data in the new table which will be reflected in the actual databse.

Cheers
      Krithika Chandrasekar
      SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
      X