X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate files

Hi,

I'm trying to upload my test website and getting the following message:

"Some filenames conflict. All files being sent to the web site must have unique names. Please check the list of files in Advanced | Additional Files.

Some of the following files must be renamed before an upload can occur. Once the files are renamed, reselect them in the Actinic."

This is followed by a number of files that are being used for the product and more info pictures.

Do I have rename these filenames (A fundamental floor in Actinic to allow duplicates if I do!!), should I manually upload them, or am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks

Chris
    Ladies Swimwear
    www.li-fi.co.uk

It sounds like you might be naming additional files that actinic already knows to upload.

If the file name is already known to actinic, for example an image that's used for a product, then you don't need to list it as an additional file.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for the reply

This error was occuring before I added them to the additional files list, too. Any ideas how I can prevent the error from occuring?

Cheers

Chris
      Ladies Swimwear
      www.li-fi.co.uk

Comment

The error is probably coming about because you are using two different images for the product details and pop-up window which have the same filename - but are kept in two different directories. Is that about right?

If so then I'm afraid you will need to rename one of the images in order for Actinic to be able to upload them all to the online store directory. Sorry about that.

Comment

Thats exactly right! cheers

Chris
          Ladies Swimwear
          www.li-fi.co.uk

Comment

duplicate files in new upload

I have something similar. I just got a new machine and my data now is stored on D drive (not C). I changed the database and the path to the images easily enough, but now it tells me I can't upload these files, since it - somewhere! - is still remembering the old path to the images.

That old path no longer points to any files.
            I have tried deleting the files off the remote server. No good. Same error message.
            Where does it keep its memory of the paths of files it uploaded before? How I can I persuade it to forget those paths?
            Renaming every image is not a good option for me!

webmonk

Comment

The paths are held in the database - look in the 'Image' field for you sections and products.

The way I would do this is to edit the ActinicCatalog.mdb database in Access 200 directly (take a backup first!) and do a find and replace to change the image paths.

For products, locate the 'Image Filename' field within the 'Product' table and make the changes there.

For sections, locate the 'sSectionImage' field within the 'Catalog Section' table and make the change there.

Anything else will probably be in 'Design | Options' in Actinic.

Comment

Thank you, Chicken!

Your advice was clear and worked perfectly. I had to fish in the Product Links table too, but it was the work of a couple of minutes and now Wednesday looks like being a good day after all!

Comment

Working...
                X