• Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT Please - Actinic link and TAX

I have an urgent problem that I hope someone can throw light on:

I am running Actinic Business 6 and Sage
    Actinic link has been working flawlessly, transferring orders to Sage

Until....
    I have just made Actinic do a discount (for a special offer this weekend on all orders) based on shopping cart value.

Actinic behaves perfectly, and discounts the customer's invoice as it should.

However, now when Actinic link is run, it does not transfer the order to Sage.

The logfile shows:
    " in Tax translator; Order number:MW14EJ60031213 can not be transferred due to a tax error "

and on screen error:
    ================
    SAGE TAX CODE FOR
    Actinic Tax name 1 : VAT
    Actinic Tax name 2 :
    Actinic Tax rate : Pro-Rata
    Actinic Tax 2 rate :
    Cannot be found in the tax grid
    Please edit your profile
    =================

(I am not using Tax 2 in Actinic)

So ... with nothing changed in Actinic link, this error occurs, and no orders are transferred to Sage. The *only* thing that has changed is that I made Actinic do a discouint based on cart value. The Actinic Link profile has not been changed, and still shows:

Actinic Tax 1 Tax 1 Rate Sage Tax Code
    Name
    VAT 17.5% T1 17.5

There is obviously *something* in the downloaded order that is screwing things up now that a discount has been applied.

But what? And how to overcome the problem?
    Otherwise we are going to have to revert to manually typing orders into Sage, which, due to this weekend's speciall offer, is going to be a nightmare of a task - we expect hundreds of orders to come in.

Thanks
    Rod
    Old and rare books on CD for Historians and Genealogists

Follow up with more detail:

Looking at the downloaded order, there is an extra line:
    ================
    Online Order Surcharges/Discounts
    +/- Special offer discount ................ -£12.83
    ================

If I double click on that line to view its details I see:

Tax 1 Treatment : Pro-Rata (greyed out)

And *there* is my problem. Because the table in the Actinic Link profile shows "17.5%" (as it has always done - and "Pro-Rata" in the table does not work - it needs 17.5% in there in order to match it with Sage).

Rod

Comment

You need to add another row in the 'Tax Codes' table in your your Actinic to Sage Line 50 Link Profile. The row should use the following settings:

Actinic Tax 1 Name: VAT
      Tax 1 Rate: Pro-Rata (select from drop-down)
      Actinic Tax 2 Name: [leave blank]
      Tax 2 Rate: [leave blank]
      Sage Tax Code: T1 17.5

What is happening is when the discount is being applied to the order, Actinic has to work out how to alter the VAT charge on the order correctly. It does this by adding a negative tax charge to the order - and this tax charge is worked out 'pro-rata' - i.e. in proportion to the value of the taxable goods on the order compared to the value of the non-taxable goods.

I think that makes sense.

As none of your products have zero-rated tax, the tax adjustment added to the order (when a discount is applied) will always be the full 17.5% - so you can map the 'Pro-Rata' tax charge to 'T1' in Sage.

Comment

Phew! Thanks Chris... that worked nicely ;-)

Regards
        Rod

Comment

Working...
        X