Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nortree with no click on top section!

Hi !

Im trying to use Norman's nortree {i like the name better than norcascade !}. I have sections that have no information, only the subsections have information pages. I dont want users to be able to click on section names. Some subsections are further divided into more subsections, in such cases even the header subsection should not be clickable. For example, I have a section called Printers, subsections under it called Accessories and Cartridges. There is no information under all these headers, the only information is in the pages called Power Adaptors, Cables,Paper, Covers under Accessories and Colour Cartridges, Black Cartridges, Photocartridges under Cartridges. Only the pages under the subsections should be clickable - is it possible for Nortree to do that ?

If you want only the final sections (i.e. the outermost branches of the tree) to be clickable then do the following.

Edit nortree_menu_create.js (in your Site1 folder). Look for the line
    Code:
       SName = SName.replace(/"/g, "\\\"");    // escape double quotes
    Add the following immediately below it.
    Code:
       if ( children ) LinkURL = ''; // no link if children
    Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I've now added this as an option to NorTree version 1.11. Info and download is at www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/nortree/

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman

Thanks so much, wonder what actinic users would do without you !!

Cheers !

Anil

Comment

Working...
        X