Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site finished - speed/sanity check & opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site finished - speed/sanity check & opinions?

A while ago I posted asking for recomendations for website developers, and I promised the ones that didn't get it that I would post the url when it was finished so they could see the 'winning' design. Well here it is (finally)!

I was also wondering if some of you could take a look at the site a let me have your opinions on the design, and the speed (it ended up much more graphics intensive than originally planned and I have adsl so I don't know what it will be like at 56k...)

Also, let me know if you spot any obvious bloopers!

www.discount-aromatherapy.co.uk

btw. the site is now live, and so is the checkout/payments so only order if you actually want something...

Thanks,
    John

I like it but its a bit of a slow loader... and im on 128k Broadband to

good work
    Cheers FrAz

Comment

good work
      The 'winning' developer was I.M. Information Services (http://www.iminfo.co.uk), and they did the design and coding with a little help (read "constant interference" ) from me...

I would be more than happy to recommend them to anyone else considering getting a developer in to design their site for them. They were a bit more expensive than I wanted, but I am more than happy with the finished product and they completed on time. They were very helpful throughout, with answering questions and helping me to understand how things worked and how to create my own graphics in the 'style' of the website.
      John

Comment

I have to admit that I find the single 'add selection to cart' button at the bottom of the page a bit counter-intuitive. For a while it had me wondering why there wasn't an add to cart button.

Is there a reason you've done it this way?

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

yes, I did it that way because customers are likely to order multiple items from the same page.

If they chose 10 items with individual buttons they would have to press the button, goto the basket, go back and repeat 10 times. This way they can just put the qty next to the 10 items and do one 'add to basket'.

This is the same method I have used on www.lowcarbgoodies.co.uk although that has the instructions at the top of each page.

I would have prefered single buttons, but only if they added to the basket without actually going there but we established in a previous post that actinic couldn't do that.
          John

Comment

when I view http://www.discount-aromatherapy.co....tial-oils.html all of the blue circles come up as red crosses on one of my PCs but my other PC displays them correctly.

Is anyone else seeing this or is it displaying correctly?

I also had this problem with my low carb site - strangely it seems to be icons that are repeated that seem to suffer this...?
            John

Comment

Works fine from here. Nice looking site, we'd better start looking over our shoulders

www.youraromatherapy.co.uk

Comment

that reminds me, I need to get back to you on those plastic cases...

but your site goes faster...
                John

Comment

David,

What version of actinic is youraromatherapy using? does it have the 6.1.4 patch?

oh, and your site just sent me two almost identical order confirmations - "Thank you for shopping at Your Aromatherapy . We have received and are processing the following order:" and "We have received and are processing the following order at Your Aromatherapy ." - you might want to check your settings...
                  John

Comment

Originally posted by jxm28788
                    The 'winning' developer was I.M. Information Services (http://www.iminfo.co.uk), and they did the design and coding with a little help (read "constant interference" ) from me...
                    Thanks for the "plug"

Best of luck with the new venture.

Cheers

IMIS
                    IMIS
                    www.crombie.co.uk
                    www.bonasana.com
                    www.discount-aromatherapy.co.uk

Comment

Your site looks really good, don't suppose you'll share the secret of the hover boxes .

Speeds ok on a 512K share connection.

Regards

Russell
                      Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
                      When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

Comment

Originally posted by RussellPing
                        Your site looks really good, don't suppose you'll share the secret of the hover boxes .
                        The secret is out - http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=4576
                        John

Comment

Working...
                        X