XML Export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XML Export

I am evaluating a new in house pos / customer info system to use.
    I would like to be able to export an order when it is recieved from actinic into a specific xml format required by this new program. Kinda of like the same as how the link with quickbooks works. The below is a sample xml file that I would need to create from an order recieved from actinic v7.

Any Ideas or even if this is possible!

<OrderHeader>
    <CompanyName>MookBone Systems</CompanyName>
    <ContactName>Shawn Berringer</ContactName>

<BillingAddressOne>17785 Carson Basin Road</BillingAddressOne>
    <BillingAddressTwo></BillingAddressTwo>
    <BillingCity>Philadelphia</BillingCity>
    <BillingState>PA</BillingState>
    <BillingPostalCode>48778</BillingPostalCode>

<ShippingMethod>UPS 3-Day Select</ShippingMethod>
    <ShippingAddressType>Residential Address</ShippingAddressType>
    <ShippingCharges>20.00</ShippingCharges>
    <ShippingAddressOne>17785 Carson Basin Road</ShippingAddressOne>
    <ShippingAddressTwo></ShippingAddressTwo>
    <ShippingCity>Philadelphia</ShippingCity>
    <ShippingState>PA</ShippingState>
    <ShippingPostalCode>48778</ShippingPostalCode>

<PhoneNumber>797-551-1220</PhoneNumber>
    <PhoneExtension>5454</PhoneExtension>
    <FaxNumber>978-878-4444</FaxNumber>
    <CellPhone></CellPhone>
    <E-MailAddress>rando@2kweb.net</E-MailAddress>
    </OrderHeader>

<OrderDetail>
    <OrderLineItem>
    <Quantity>4</Quantity>
    <ProductCode>ACRYLIC</ProductCode>
    <UnitPrice>44.95</UnitPrice>
    <SpecialInstructions>Please ensure the engraving is centered. I would like an Arial or Tahoma Style font if possible. If not, please call me so we can discuss font choices</SpecialInstructions>
    <EngravingText>Engrave with Company NAme, then Recipient NAme as follows: JAck, John, Jill, Joe</EngravingText>
    <Logo>Company Logo will be e-mailed</Logo>
    </OrderLineItem>

<OrderLineItem>
    <Quantity>50</Quantity>
    <ProductCode>TROPHY</ProductCode>
    <UnitPrice>18.50</UnitPrice>
    <SpecialInstructions>Please center all text on the engraving. Font Choice for this line item is left up to your discretion. I will be e-mailing the engraving for the 50 Names for these trophies</SpecialInstructions>
    <EngravingText></EngravingText>
    <Logo>No Logo on this Line Item</Logo>
    </OrderLineItem>
    </OrderDetail>

I have written a few systems to produce this sort of order export, I did it by writing a report using crystal reports that produces the correct output and then using a program to run the report and produce the file. It is not an easy thing to do but once done works well.

One issue that has caused problems each time I have done this is matching the Actinic order numbers with the external order numbers.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan,

thanks for your reply, this sounds like something that is beyound my abilities.
      What I would need is the ability to export an order in the format listed above then have it open up in a window that I could simply copy and past into my other program. I don't process alot of orders each day, right now about 3 a day. So copy and pasting would not be difficult. Would you be willing for a fee to facilitate this for me?

Comment

No problem, send me an email (jan at mole-end.biz) and we can talk about this further.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
        X