Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Database so near, yet seemingly so far...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database so near, yet seemingly so far...

Am currently getting a problem with External Linking in Actinic 7. Attempting to link to the Access database that contains the client's products, I am brought up short by the error message:

"Failed to open the Access database to determine the tables. The error message reported was Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine"

This function used to work just fine. Unfortunately that was a while ago and I've done a number of systemy things on this PC since then - Windows Updates, etc.

Any ideas, anyone?

Regards

Patrick
    Pat Nelson
    vcommunity - the business to business network
    email: pnelson@vcommunity.org.uk
    www.vcommunity.org.uk
    Experts in database integration for Actinic Stores

For web hosting, visit: www.vhost.org.uk

Advertise your company for £1 for a year on www.1000adpages.com

Try setting the link up in Actinic again - switch it of or link to a different source and then switch it on again, making sure that you select the connection.

If that doesn't work, check that you can access the data from something like excel using the same connection type.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan,

Thanks for replying. I'd previously killed the link - haven't used it for a while so at the time of coming to it now there is no link to switch off. I know it used to work though because it was switched on at one time.

Nothing works - I cannot link to Excel, SQL Server database files or Access.

I've done some more digging since making the first Post here though and the problem seems to lie with the DAO engine. I think some of the recent upgrades 'automatically' made by Windows (damnit) have changed something in the system.

If you have any other ideas, I'm all ears!!!

Regards
      Pat Nelson
      vcommunity - the business to business network
      email: pnelson@vcommunity.org.uk
      www.vcommunity.org.uk
      Experts in database integration for Actinic Stores

For web hosting, visit: www.vhost.org.uk

Advertise your company for £1 for a year on www.1000adpages.com

Comment

Can you open the database using access? If so try to compact and repair it and see it you can access it from excel after doing that. If can do this but still can't see it you can't try creating a new blank database and importing all of the tables and queries into that and then try to link to the new database (try just one table first to make sure that it will fix it up) .

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
        X