Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extended Info. Add to Cart Button? Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Info. Add to Cart Button? Is it possible?

Using the built in pop up windows in Business v6 I have been able to add non standard information into the extended information page such as price and web links, etc.

However, I want to be able to use the add to cart button in the popup which then closes and changes the page in the original window.

I have seen a previous thread where this has been done in Actinic v5 but the code generates a new page and does not make use of the extended info pages in v6. (Because they didn't exist in version 5!).

I am aware of how to close the popup and change the original page but it is the add to cart button that doesn't seem to work. I suspect it is something to do with not being able to use certain NETQUOTEVARs in the extended info page html.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Tim Brown

See http://www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html

and look for

Additional example code to make popup page have submit and attribute buttons.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman.

I had actually found your actinic patches earlier this morning after posting the thread!

I am currently implementing the extra info pages now.

I have also tried the images in the search results patch but that does not seem to have worked unfortunately.

When I choose my suffix for images does it need to be 's' as in 01803s.gif or does it need to be 's.gif'?

Thanks.

Take a look at our actinic site at www.soundshopping.co.uk/acatalog

Nick
      Tim Brown

Comment

Regarding images in search results. It's a bit of a pain to implement as it requires your image names to be related to your product references. This is usually not a problem if you're stating from scatch but does make it a bit difficult to add to an existing site. Some people sell product where the visual aspect is very important so they were the reason that I did that patch.

The prefix or suffix is not necessary. It is only an option where it makes more sense than to use the plain product reference as the image name. I.e. your product have references like 001234 and you'd prefer to have the images called pic001234.jpg then you'd have a prefix of "pic" and no suffix.

In your case I noticed that you use small images ending in "s" for the product and a larger image without the "s" suffix for the popup. In this case you'd have just "s" (without the quotes) for the suffix and nothing for the prefix.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X