Help : Actinic "Hide on web site" feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help : Actinic "Hide on web site" feature

Hi - does anybody know if this feature works the same for the catalog pages and for the brochure pages on Actinic Business v5.

It appears that if you hide a catalog page, then the physical html file for that page is deleted from the website the next time you upload the site.

If you hide a brochure page, then the physical html file for that page is NOT deleted from the website the next time you upload the site.

Can anybody confirm this? It is doing my head in because I have written a PHP script whose action is dependant on the existance of a brochure page on the server.

Regards
    David
    Regards
    David

What theme are you using in Actinic.

I have tried to replicate the problem you are getting but can not reproduce it.
    Thank You
    Menar Khan

Comment

Hi Menar - I'm afraid that I cannot remember what theme I originally used. The templates have been modified so much that they are very unlike whatever the original template was like.

I would have thought that this would be of the ftp process and therefore independant of any theme.

Has anybody else out there tried this?
      Regards
      David

Comment

You are correct, catalog and brochure do behave differently.

Catalog Section : hide on web site, no file uploaded, existing file deleted

Brochure Page : hide on web site, file uploaded.

If makes sense in some ways because if you didn't upload the brochure pages that were hidden they you would never be able to reference pages that were not in your main menu.

If you mark the brochure page as deleted then the file is not uploaded and any existing file is removed.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

You are correct, catalog and brochure do behave differently.

Catalog Section : hide on web site, no file uploaded, existing file deleted

Brochure Page : hide on web site, file uploaded.

If makes sense in some ways because if you didn't upload the brochure pages that were hidden they you would never be able to reference pages that were not in your main menu.

If you mark the brochure page as deleted then the file is not uploaded and any existing file is removed.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

mmmm...I think I disagree with that Jan.

Menar - you were unable to replicate the problem, but you can see that it is just not me. What is the Actinic response to this : is this a feature or a bug?
            Regards
            David

Comment

Which bit do you disagree with Skinnybloke - the bit where I verified your problem, the bit where I said 'in some ways ...' or the bit where I gave you a workaround?

Regards,

Comment

...the way in which it makes sense. I personly think it makes more sense if it worked the same as the catalog.
                Regards
                David

Comment

Working...
                X