Shipping Classes vs Shipping Zones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Classes vs Shipping Zones

I am getting some strange options come up when I process orders to different destinations. My site is set to use shipping zones, and I would like to only have Europe, UK and Worldwide Zone 1 and Worldwide Zone 2 which I believe covers everywhere? Within each of these zones, right clicking and selecting properties shows the countries that are valid for that zone and their associated weights and shipping costs.

Then I get to shipping by class which totally confuses me and I think that my orders being processed might be picking up some information from the zone settings and some information from the class settings, is this possible?

Is there any relationship between these 2 or can I just delete everything to do with by class ?

I have looked at the knowledge base but it is not helping me understand the relationship between these 2

I have looked at it as a matrix.

For instance within UK (A zone) I have two classes: Free Delivery or Special Delivery.

It is perhaps simpler to start with your shipping classes ( I have 11) and then allocate the appropriate zones to each class.
    ie

ClassName ClassDescription
    Special Delivery Royal Mail Special Delivery (1 Day)
    Free Shipping Free Shipping in UK by Royal Mail First Class Post
    Euro 48
    International Datapost
    International Scheduled
    Parcelforce 24
    Parcelforce 48
    Parcelforce by 10am
    Parcelforce By 9am
    Parcelforce by Noon
    International Datapost by 9am
    International Datapost by 10am

Then allocate zones