Ahhh...quick help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh...quick help!

These forums are bieng temporamental today.. keep getting page cannot be displayed!
    Anyway, my problem.
    I've had several customers reporting that when adding an item to the cart, they are being told that they already have the maximum number available in their cart but, when they check the basket, it's empty.
    Now, it's happening on my computer too.
    Is this a Norton problem? I have it and so did the customer who rang me yesterday (had 2 more queries with the same problem already this morning)
    If so, what can *I* change to make it work?
    I can hardly expect all my customers to go fiddling with their interent security settings to be able to buy on my website, it kind of defeats the object of the Internet Security in the first place if you have to disable it to do a transaction when it's (in their eyes!) most needed!
    I'm sure this has been tackled before onthe forum and I apologise but I am having trouble with the search facility, sometimes I get no results (page cannot be displayed) and sometimes it just won't load the individual searched threads so I thought it easier( and quicker) to ask afresh.
    Perhaps Actinic could add the solution to the knowledge base? I checked there first.
    Thanks in advance, this problem is starting to become annoying!
    Tracey (oh, it www.budget-bumps.co.uk/acatalog by the way)
    Tracey

further to that post..

it seems to be only the Belly Belt kit that is causing a problem?
    http://www.budget-bumps.co.uk/acatal...lt_Kit_20.html
    Other items add fine, even those with options andf multiple quantities.
    The Belly Belt Kit (which many folk are having no problems ordering btw) has a minimum order level of 1 and a max of 3 but gives the following message when adding to cart:
    You have already selected the maximum number of this item allowed. Please return to the catalog and amend your order
    Viewing the basket, however, shows it empty (well, empty of Belly Belts anyway)
    Stock in hand is 38, stock warning below 10 and suspend level is -12
    *IS* this a Norton problem?
    Just thought I'd clarify the post slightly with more detail
    Thanks, Tracey
    Tracey

Comment

OK, I seem to have solved the problem ,for the time being anyway!
      Have upped the maximum qty to 10 (?!) and it's working on my PC now.
      Any reason why the max qty should match the warning order level or is it conincidence?
      Anyone know why this should now make it work?
      Still doesn'e explain the problem really but as long as it works, it'll do!
      Can't see anyone wanting 10 anyway..LOL
      Tracey (still baffled but less annoyed!)
      Tracey

Comment

That is an odd one Tracey. I have set up a product with identical settings and was not able to reproduce it.

I suspect that rather than being a Norton problem, it is to do with a dodgy *.cat file for that section which was over-written when you changed the 'maximum quantity' field. If you changed it back to '3' now I bet you it will still work.

Comment

I've seen this a couple of time on my sites, and it is definately to do with the max qty. It seems to be when the max qty gets out of sync with the stock level.

Anyway, as you discovered the way to fix it is to up the max qty (preferably to the amount you have in stock) and upload.
          John

Comment

Working...
          X