Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital download - script timeout

Hi,

I need to know if anyone else is using the Actinic 7 digital download feature to sell Mp3s of albums online.

We are hosting the site with Clara host and cannot download the file from the link on either the reciept page or the reciept email because their server times out on the script before the download can finish. I can currently only download 34 MB of a 73 MB zipped album.

They tell me the time out is 180 seconds.

I'd like to move the site but I'm concerned that similar prohibitive security measures might be in place on other shared servers.

Are we going to have to pay out more, perhaps for a managed server to be able to get this working?

Any advice or examples of sites that have this type of digital product working already would be great.

Hi there.

I don't know if this will help, but locate nph-download.pl in the site folder and rename it to download.pl, then update the site.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Hi, yes we have tried that, it made no difference

Comment

Hi there.

I would suggest contacting Clara. We believe they have set a timeout on that server. Can you see if they could change it so the timeout is reset for every new package sent?

I hope this helps.
        Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

I have called technical support there almost daily for over 4 weeks. It was 3 weeks before they investigated it and told me what the problem was. They have offered to increase the timeout to 600 seconds but this would only allow broadband customers to download the album.

Comment

Hello again.

Could you see if they could change it so that the timeout is reset each time for every new packet sent?
            Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X