Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Styling Section Lists on left panel

Hi All

I have included the top level section list on the left hand panel (great new feature)

I want to style this list in a <ul><li>section link 1 </li><ul> etc.... So that these links will match my other two hand coded links.

How do I go about doing this??

I will be forever grateful to anyone who can help, just spent the last 3 hours trying to fathom it out ( I am a bit Actinic rusty)

Thanks in Advance

Linzi

Hi Linzi.

I presume you are using a theme such as 'Smart'. These use java script to lay out these sections which can be edited to create lists You will need to edit the Act_Primary.html and Act_Brochure.html templates.

Please take a look at by example code, I have highlighted the bits I have changed.

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    function YahooSections(ar)
    {
    var strIDs = '';
    for (var i=1;i<=ar.length;i++)
    {
    if (ar[i].sURL != null)
    {
    strIDs += '<a href="' + ar[i].sURL + '"><span class="actxxsmall"><b><font color="NETQUOTEVAR:FGCOLORCSS"><ul><li>' + ar[i].sName + '</li></font></b></span></a><br>';
    {
    if (ar[i].pChild)
    {
    for (var j=1;j<=ar[i].pChild.length;j++)
    {
    if (ar[i].pChild[j].sURL != null)
    {
    strIDs += '<a href="' + ar[i].pChild[j].sURL + '"><span class="actxxsmall"><font color="NETQUOTEVAR:FGCOLORCSS"><ul><li>' + ar[i].pChild[j].sName + '</li></font></span></a>';
    }
    }
    }
    }
    strIDs += '</ul></ul>'
    }
    }
    return strIDs
    }
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>

I hope this helps.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Can't find that script Darren

No i am using layout 4 (clean layouts) should i change, wont this now overwrite all the templates i've edited??

What would happen if a user dosn't have java installed on their machine?

Linz

Comment

Hi there.

I wouldn't recommend changing the theme. Layout4 uses Act_SectionLineSmallText.html to bring in the section list on the left hand side. You can edit it as follows: New bits in bold again. Don't forget to make a backup first.

<!-- SectionLine HTML begin -->
        <!-- Insert HTML for the beginning of a section title -->
        <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONIMAGE NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTEXT -->
        <A HREF="NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLINK"><span class="actxsmall"><ul><li>NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME</li></ul></span></A>
        NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT
        <!-- Insert HTML for the end of a section title -->
        <!-- SectionLine HTML end -->

If I have not understood you correctly, please provide a link to your site and let me know what you mean.
        Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Section Lists

Hi Darren

Thanks that works, except each link is in it's own <ul></ul> when really the whole list should be wrapped in a single <ul></ul> - tried putting the ul around the following in the Primary

<div id="listcontainer"><ul id="navlist">NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP

<li><a href="#">How To Order</a></li>
          <li><a href="#">Security</a></li>
          </ul></div>
          then did this in the SectionLineText Small

<A HREF="NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLINK"><li>NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME</li></A>
          NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT

But that didn't work so i swapped it back to what you said - it's 90% right.

Only other thing (you're probably fed up with me!!) is that even though the <ul> is picking up my styles eg arrow for bullet point the text links are not

any ideas??

Promise that will be the end of it

Linz

Comment

Hi there.

Rather than using NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP, perhaps you could try page 37 of the Advanced User Guide

Hope this helps.
            Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X