Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappearing 1) Customers 2) products

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced these minor problems

1) Set up a customer account only to find it didn't get saved?

It happened a week or so ago and I figured I must have pressed cancel (or something equally daft) . . . but it happened again this morning. I set up an account, sent the password e-mail, closed the New Customer Window . . . but then when I wanted to check back to make sure I has unchecked one of the options . . . the new account was not in the list!

2) Dragging and dropping products . . . it's possible to drag and drop products into a 'black hole' . . . the products simply disappear from the catalog. This has happened to me 2 or 3 times although I must admit I can't find a way to replicate it to order.

Spec: Win XP / Business 7.0.1
    Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
    Actinic user since 1998

2) Dragging and dropping products . . . it's possible to drag and drop products into a 'black hole' . . . the products simply disappear from the catalog. This has happened to me 2 or 3 times although I must admit I can't find a way to replicate it to order.
    This one will be fixed in the latest release, but I don;t know about your customer accounts. How many do you have? I suggest doing a 'Housekeeping | Compact Databases' and see if that helps at all.

Comment

Only 30 accounts or so at this stage . . . and none deleted needing purging.

Since my post I have changed all the navigation images and duly went through changing 'Design | Options | Navigation' fields only to find when I returned to it several minutes later . . . none of the changes had been saved.

I have now adopted a policy of using 'Apply' before 'OK' whenever it is available throughout 'Business' as a 'belt and braces' approach.

It is of concern as it means everything has to be double-checked to make sure the changes were saved!
      Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
      Actinic user since 1998

Comment

I've had a couple of cases resently when training where I don't click 'Apply' but only click 'OK' and the changes weren't saved. Trouble is, when I try and give reproduction steps to the Development team it always works...

I will do more research, but in the meantime I suggest that always clicking 'Apply' when you have finished working on a dialogue is a good system to put into place.

Comment

I wondered if this problem is related to the memory leak!
          Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
          Actinic user since 1998

Comment

I wondered if this problem is related to the memory leak!
            Could be. I'll feed it back to the team.

Comment

Chris

Another instance of lost data has occurred -- It was on a template change in Section Details | Section Link Layout whilst working on the hidden pages problem.

It seems you can select a file name through select | browse and then, if you immediately close the programme with database backup, when reloaded the template change was not saved . . . if you click into another field before closing . . . the template file name change is saved.

This may be related to the Apply before Finish concept to ensure a 'write' new data to the database is forced.
              Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
              Actinic user since 1998

Comment

Many thanks Tony

I'll feed this back.

Comment

Working...
                X