Download Button is Blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download Button is Blank

I have just received notification that I have an order on my server, but the order download button is blank when I open catalogue.

I downloaded one about an hour ago without any problems.

Any suggestions please?

I am having problems with my hosting company at this moment and am not able to upload changes to the site - or even talk to the company!

When I try to upload the site I get the following erorr message:
    Error accessing the cgi-bin.

Possible Cause:
    The directory does not exist on the remote server
    The permissions on the directory on the
    remote server are locked
    The wrong Path to the CGI-BIN is specified in your
    web site details in the Business Settings

The information from the new hosting company regarding upload via ftp is not comprehensive enough and I do not have enough technical knowlege to establish what is the correct cgi path.

but the order download button is blank when I open catalogue.
    If you have made any changes to the network setup screen, the download orders arrow will be disabled until you have carried out a successful upload.
    "OK Venus?"
    "OK Steve!"
    "Right then, lets go!

Comment

thanks for that Steve.

The problem I have now got is that in attempting to re-upload the catalogue has resulted in the software failing to find the perl directory and stalling at that point.
      The previous config for this directory was /usr/bin/perl

does this sound right?

Comment

Originally posted by david75
        resulted in the software failing to find the perl directory and stalling at that point.
        Are you using the wizard? If so see my answer on: -

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=8634
        "OK Venus?"
        "OK Steve!"
        "Right then, lets go!

Comment

Thanks Steve

Sounds like a real cock up designed to keep people buying the latest version of this software.

Doesn't say an awful lot for customer service does it?

Comment

Hi David

Just to clarify the issue here, when v4 was released nearly all servers supported a 'cookie header' test. I'm not entirely clear on the exact nature of this test, but what I know is over the last four years, most web-hosting companies have tightened up their security to prevent this method. Therefore, a site which will work perfectly well with Actinic may still fail in the test/wizard because of this change in server technologies.

Hence, Steve Zodiac's answer is a sensible one - run a test with a copy of Actinic that doesn't carry out the cookie header test and then put the successful settings into v4.

Or if you prefer, you can register an email support query at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.html and one of the team will verify your web server settings for you.

Comment

Thanks for that Chris.

Glad that YOU know your way around the software. It's becoming more of a nightmare by the day for me.

Cheers
              David

Comment

Working...
              X