Multiple ProductBody Layouts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple ProductBody Layouts?

I'd like to arrange my products differently for each of my Product Sections. In several sections I want to begin the ProductBody table with header cells. The number of columns will vary according to the product section.

I could achieve this using a customised ProductLine file for the first product in each section and a different version for all subsequent items. However, this is a mantainence nightmare.

Is these a way to create multiple ProductBody files and specify a particular one for each section?

Tricky one this.

You can only have one Act_ProductBody.html template per store. However, the variable NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBULK works fine in the Act_Primary.html template so you could have a different primary template for each section to get the effect you desire.

Ensure you also include the variables NETQUOTEVAR:CARTERRORLISTXML
    and
    NETQUOTEVAR:HIDDENINPUT
    above NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBULK.

Comment

Thanks. While I was waiting for your reply I came up with another solution. I'm using a CUSTOMVAR to achieve a similar effect. However, it sounds like your solution will be easier to maintain and I will prob switch to that after I have conquered another problem.

Which brings me to my new question: Multiple Price Formats. The pricing format seems to be derived from a single template (Act_ProductPrice). My attempts to use the price variables outside this file have failed.

Is there any way I can specify different price formats for different sections?

By the way, during my experiments I found that the NETQUOVAR:PRODUCTREF specified in the Act_ProductLine file did not work. Eventually I found a mention of the NETQUOVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE in the adv user guide. I tried this and it worked.

Comment

Is there any way I can specify different price formats for different sections?

I'm afraid not. Act_ProductPrice is used for every single product. The only thing you could do is hide the Actinic-generated price and then manually enter a different custom property value for the price for each product. Then you can easily have a different way of laying out this custom property value for each section of the store.

Comment

Working...
        X