Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protected Items Feature Request

Me again!

I have in effect 2 types of items. Ones that are 'handcrafted' using the Actinic interface using specific graphics, pricing, weights etc.

I then have 5300 odd items that have prices extracted from ebay, have external supplier price information overlayed on top of them on a daily basis. A CSV file is generated and this forms an update to the product list.

I would like to have the option of 'protecting' products so that the import process could not drop these products/do anything to them.

It really is the case that I have certain products where a lot of time has gone into crafting them and I don't want to lose them should I mess up the product ids...

Adam
    www.collectandplay.com
    www.collectandplay.com - Combining Actinic Catalog and Macromedia Coldfusion in a heady mix of chaos and confusion.

Adam

I have added this to the wish list, but I think what will do the trick is...

1) Turn off auto-generation of product references

2) Edit your 'protected products' so that they no longer have just numbers for the product references. Make them a mixture of numbers and letters.

3) Turn on auto-generation again.

Now as long as you use 'update' rather than 'replace' when importing, your hand-crafted products will not be touched by an import.

Comment

Hi Chris,
      I generate my own codes anyway which are a combination of numbers and letters.

I had to re-index these to help order picking. I realised I had to go through the whole site removing the old items. I don't think it's a major thing most people will need.

Adam
      www.collectandplay.com - Combining Actinic Catalog and Macromedia Coldfusion in a heady mix of chaos and confusion.

Comment

Chris,
        There was a more significant reason why I wanted this.

I want to be able to be able to 'expire' products on the site and remove them from the site.

So in effect I would create one big actinic csv file that would delete all the unprotected items inside the catalog, then upload the latest set.

The reason behind this is that I sell some items with a very small print runs that in effect I need to expire after X time because I have to assume I can't get them any more.

It would be useful to have a delete indicator field as part of an import to remove an item from the catalog or a way to protect items.

I know these may be weird requests...but might be something to consider for v8. You must be scraping the barrel a bit for features these days

Adam

Comment

To remove a product with an 'update' import, you include a field called 'IsDeleted' in the import file and set it to '1' for any products you want to mak as deleted. For products you want to keep, set 'IsDeleted' to '0'.

Comment

Working...
          X