Page hidden on site...next to useless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page hidden on site...next to useless?

I thought I would create a number of pages using this feature and embed a cf include into a text element on the page.

I didn't want the page to appear in the top level navigation bar, but wanted another page to be able to 'submit' to the page, so that the processing on the site would be contained.

(Have a look at the submit link on the homepage of www.collectandplay.com).

Now there may be a way of creating a brochure page and not have it in the navbar at the top of the page, but I thought the hidden page on site was the way of doing it.

Unfortunately hidden page on site has the unusually unhelpful feature of not creating the content of the page on upload.

Now I would think that this 'creating' content on the main site but keeping it hidden would be a useful feature that developers could use to show clients what a page would look like or allow us people developing dynamic pages to be able to develop pages that are in keeping with the look and feel of the site and will reflect the site changes we make through Acatalog.

Of course I may be wrong here and there is a way of doing this successfully in some other way.

Adam
    www.collectandplay.com - Combining Actinic Catalog and Macromedia Coldfusion in a heady mix of chaos and confusion.

I agree the 'Hide on Website' feature is a bit wierd. When I want to do something like what you describe, I replace the Actinic-generated navigation with one of my own so I have full control of the content.

Comment

But the correct way to do this is to create the page in catalog, then in the case of Coldfusion 'include' the template file.

Currently I have a submit link page I wanted inside catalog, but I don't want it to appear in my top level. It's not a key area of the site.

It would not harm the process to upload the completed page as this page is not visible within the site navigation. It's just plain weird that it does this.

Any chance this could be changed to say content will be uploaded, but page will not be part of the Catalog navigation/sitemap that sort of thing.
      www.collectandplay.com - Combining Actinic Catalog and Macromedia Coldfusion in a heady mix of chaos and confusion.

Comment

I'll second this request.

I have been trying to create a best sellers list that can be created & modified in a hidden section. I could include this anywhere on the site. Unfortunately the files are not uploaded.

Andy

Comment

Possible Solution?

Hi,

*may* have a possible 'solution' to this problem. I've found that if you name a section with a space only it is effectively invisible on the website if you select the Section Link Layout to be "Name and description only - no image".

What this means is that I can now include a manually updated best sellers list on the front page using PHP includes, generated through actinic without it being accessible through any links.

No bad!

Andy

Comment

Working...
          X