Search Results Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Results Problem

We use a lot of HTML within product description to control layouts. e.g. bulleted lists.

However, when we use the search page on v7 the HTML appears in the search results.

How do I get rid of this?

For example try:

www.applesound.co.uk/acatalog/search.html

Search for: CHIAYO
    Tim Brown

Hi,

I've been able to recreate the problem in a default store so I've put the issue through to our development team. I will post their reply once I hear back from them.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

This looks like a bug in the software that does not like certain embedded HTML tags . I tried it by using just <font> tags and the description in the search results displayed fine.

I think at the moment I can only suggest that you do not display the product descriptions in your search results until we get this problem fixed. To turn it off, go to 'View | Search Settings | Search Results | untick 'Product Description' box.

I've asked the development team if there is a workaround for this problem.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

We've got a fix that should enable this to work properly now. Browse to the site folder (usually 'c:\program files\actinic v7\sites\site1') and locate 'ACTINIC.pm'. Open this with a text editor such as notepad and search for:
        Code:
        while ( $sString =~  m/(.*?)!!<(.*?)>!!(.*)/ )
        which will be located in 'sub ProcessEscapableText'

replace this with:

Code:
        while ( $sString =~  m/(.*?)!!<(.*?)>!!(.*)/s )
        Save and close the file and then upload your site.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X