Add to cart works on half the products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My add to cart feature seems to work on half of my products. I am using Developer 6.1.4 I am using a login. When you login I currently have 3 sections uploaded. If you go to one section everything works correctly. When you go to the next section when you try to add to cart you get a blank white screen.

Those who are interested may take a look @ http://www.winestuffdirect.com/acatalog/
    login using UN: admin PW: duster

When you go to Glassware you cannot add to cart. When you go to Special you can.

I have copied the pl and pm from the originals folder and have NOT made any alterations to the scripts.

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know what your "add to cart feature" is but the glasses all seem to have a "This product is currently unavailable" note attached.

Could you give detaild directions to a page that works and one that doesn't.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

After you login click on:
      Glassware >> Ravenscroft Crystal > > Ravenscroft Amplifer Collection >> Ravenscroft Amplifier Cabernat (This was does not work)

Special > > Spring Sale >> Excursion > >
      (This one works)

Comment

There are two differences that could potentially be the cause...

The working one has a reference of 'W6000', the non-working one has a reference of 'W6452-0750'. Could you experiment with changing the reference number to one without a dash (-) to see if that helps?

The working one has attributes, but the non-working one doesn't. This shouldn't affect it, but you could experiment with adding an attribute to the non-working product and see if it makes a difference.

Comment

Thank you for the advice. However, that was unsuccessful. I cannot seem to figure out why I add to cart on some products and not others.

Anyone?

Comment

I'm just throwing out some ideas here.

I would try copying your 'Ravenscroft Amplifier Cabernat' product to the 'Excursion' section and then testing it online.

This will verify whether the problem is with the product or the page.

Comment

I have been thinking about what I did different between the two sections and have realized that when i was designing the site I deleted all my sections except for the section that is working to speed upload time. When I was done I did an "Undelete" in Actininc of the rest of the sections and did a full refresh. The sections I deleted are not adding to cart properly.

Did I do something to the database when I deleted and undeleted the sections?

Comment

Did I do something to the database when I deleted and undeleted the sections?
                Maybe. It is more likely that you did something to the *.cat files for the deleted/undeleted sections. These *.cat files contain the pricing and stock information for the products in a section and are used by the Perl when adding to cart. Try deleting all the *.cat files in your 'Site1' folder and refreshing the site.

Comment

I removed all .cat files and refreshed. Same situation. I then removed the .pl, .pm. and .cat and copied the .pl amd .pm from the Originals folder. This still did not work.

Is there other files associated with the shopping cart, database or .cat files that I could have corrupted when deleting and undeleting the sections.

Comment

The only other files could be the *.fil files. Remove all trace of the online store from the website, including the *.pm and *.pl from the cgi-bin, and then remove all *.cat and *.fil files from the 'Site1' folder and then refresh the website.

If that fails, the only thing I can think of is backing up the store with a snapshot and then going to 'File | Export' to export the store. Then delete and purge the entire contents of the store and re-import the export file. It's drastic but it might do the trick.

I am running out of ideas I'm afraid. Have you contacted the guys at Sure Solutions and gotten them to take a look at your snapshot?

Comment

Working...
                    X