Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Design Problems with Frames

Hi all,

I have asked a similar question to this on here before..

I am having a spot of bother with the main content area widths in actinic catalog. if you lok here tha main content area with a dashed red border is set at 499px wide. This is the main web template and I wanted all the pages to be this wide inc the catalog pages but... if you look here, here and in the cart section, all of the pages are different widths.

I am sorting the menu out in the cart (the one on the left) with some small frames with solid borders to tidy it up a little. I am also going to add the 4 large grey buttons that are on the main template file to the catalog files.

Solution:-

I am trying to either, add spacer images to keep the pages still and all the same width and make all the pages fit to the widest page in the problem. This would lead to me adding a 5th grey button to fit the width but I think it will still look clean and simple.

Or, edit whatever it is that is setting the widths seperately and try to make them the same widths manually.

Can anybody help me on this one?, if you need more details please email me.

I have a couple of weeks to finish the design, add the content, add the products and tidy up mistakes etc. The site has to be finished in a couple of weeks.

plz, plz, plz elp...!

Dan

just to stick this back up to the top, help needed urgent..! Thanks in advance people...

Comment

I think that the design is being thrown off by the <HR> tags at the top and bottom of the bulk section. It does not use Actswidth and has to be edited in the templates
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

I'll take a look at that now then... *woooosh* - gone...!

Comment

RESULT: I am ripping the design apart and making the main content area 600px wide for the shop and the main web site which appears to be fine in all sections so far, and the menu system is back on the drawing board.

Thanks for your help though...

Comment

Working...
          X