Help required on 3 features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are three features about an Actinic website that I was looking at the other day which my customer would like to see on her site. The website in question is: http://www.nicolajane.com

The three features my customer would like are:

1) Products in two columns
    2) More Details leading to a full page and not a pop-up, and
    3) On this site, if you go to Bras, then the first product 423P, then More details… you’ll see that they have three thumbnail images that enlarge in a pop-up.

I have downloaded the Advanced User Guide for Version 7 and found instructions on how to split the products into two columns, however despite having followed the procedure three times keep getting errors.

Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction?

Kind regards

Richard

you can get products in multi columns by applying this patch:

www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/

Darren
    <br />
    Website | Multimedia | Design - Bradford [ <a href="http://www.futureprimeval.com" title="Website | Multimedia | Design - Bradford [ Future Primeval ]" target="_new">Future Primeval</a> ]
    <br />

Comment

Thanks Darren - That is however the information I've been using and which doesn't work (for me at least). Thanks for trying anyway.

Richard

Comment

for the second one, the way we do it is to have a blank html page which is the target of File/URL in the Links tab for the product. in extended information you then put the text and image you want and for the name of the popup page put the name of the file from before. then all we did was modify a template for popup pages so it generates a normal support page, and make sure the "text link" box is ticked. when actinic generates the popup page it is simply seen as the page linked to by clicking on the product image, thus not a pop up.

mind you, does take some time to get the template right, because as you will discover there are very few netquotevar's that work with it, so we have had to define A LOT of customvars to make it work. for example, see http://www.wheesh.com/acatalog/ba120.htm for what can be done, and note there are also extra blank spaces currently so we can have 3 images plus a logo on the left hand side, and an extra image and text under the return to catalog link on the right.

Comment

Thanks Darren - That is however the information I've been using and which doesn't work (for me at least). Thanks for trying anyway.
          I guess there must be an error somewhere in your code. Maybe you will find THIS FILE more useful than the AUG. Perhaps you could zip up your edited Act_ProductBody and Act_ProductLine templates and let us check your working. Have you created the two custom properties and assigned values for them in 'Design | Options | Site Defaults'?
          More Details leading to a full page and not a pop-up
          I have put one approach to this (which uses duplicates) into a knowledgebase article HERE. Hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by danbond
            for the second one, the way we do it is to have a blank html page which is the target of File/URL in the Links tab for the product. in extended information you then put the text and image you want and for the name of the popup page put the name of the file from before. then all we did was modify a template for popup pages so it generates a normal support page, and make sure the "text link" box is ticked. when actinic generates the popup page it is simply seen as the page linked to by clicking on the product image, thus not a pop up.
            Hiya Dan,

I am being a complete n00b here and just can not get my head around what you are doing to get this solution .. Is there any chance you could explain further with in between steps how you are getting this to work .. for example you say you have blank pabe which is the target file/url in the links tab for the product .. i dont understand .. is that linking to blank.htm?

in extended information you then put the text and image you want and for the name of the popup page put the name of the file from before

File name from before? blank.htm or productname.htm?

then all we did was modify a template for popup pages so it generates a normal support page

again I dont understand ? did you wrap your site design theme around the extended info page ? or do you mean its linking to something completly different ..
            s a b b i e t a g e d

(*^_^*)

A wise Monkey never monkies with another Monkies Monkey ..

Comment

Working...
            X