Automated email responses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automated email responses

I am having trouble getting this working, can anyone advise please? I have tried using the smtp for my hosing company and also my service provider Wanadoo (freeserve), but with no luck. Any suggestions please?
    Thanks you.

Guy.

what error messages are you getting, if any ? Have you tried doing a 'test' via network setup and seeing if you get any ?

Darren
    <br />
    Website | Multimedia | Design - Bradford [ <a href="http://www.futureprimeval.com" title="Website | Multimedia | Design - Bradford [ Future Primeval ]" target="_new">Future Primeval</a> ]
    <br />

Comment

Thanks Asterix

When I try and send a message from my site using the "contact us" email link, I get the following error message ..

"Unable to connect to the mail socket (Connection refused)"

The error message I get when I try and configure the email via "web settings" is ..

"The specified server does not appear to be running a mail server or the server is down. Connection refused"

Comment

I suggest contacting Wanadoo and asking them if you have an SMTP server with your hosting account. If so, ask them the address of it and whether it requires SMTP authorisation. Your username and password for authorisation can be entered in 'Advanced | Network Setup'.

Comment

I use freeserve (or not there half the time serve as it seems to be over the last few days) and I have to use my actinic sites smtp server from within Actinic to get emails etc to work.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I have tried using the freeserve SMTP, with and without the user name & password, but no joy. I will contact freeserve and see if I can get some sense out of them. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
            X