table size in error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

table size in error message

I want to change or get rid of the table that gets generated when for instance someone doesn't except the terms and conditions in act_order00.html. Looked in help and it says it gets generated in Orderscript.pl. Can anyone tell me where and how ?

Thanks

Darren
    <br />
    Website | Multimedia | Design - Bradford [ <a href="http://www.futureprimeval.com" title="Website | Multimedia | Design - Bradford [ Future Primeval ]" target="_new">Future Primeval</a> ]
    <br />

Hi Darren

You can alter or remove the table tags surrounding the error message within Design | Text. In this window, click on the Go To button and type in 2178 in the ID field and click OK. This field contains the commencement of the table tags. The closing tags are in ID = 2180.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Hi

I want to be able to do the same thing as Darren.

I have tried removing the table and making changes to the code but every time I do anything I either get no error message appearing or I get #eeeeee appearing instead. I have had to remove my changes and use the original code.

Do you also have to change the Orderscript.pl? Or is their something else you have to do.

Also where does the formatting come from? I want to remove all the <B> tags with <strong> and the <BR> tags with </br>. I have changed all the ones I can see in the Design text area but they still seem to be their when you view the code.

This has been puzzling me for hours and I don't seem to be any close to solving it.

Cheers

Darren
      Darren Tickle
      http://www.funky-cards.co.uk

Greetings cards, and gift wrap for every occasion.

Comment

It looks like the formatting for the errors is in 'Actinic.pm'.

Open Actinic.pm and do a search for '<b>' you will highlight the following lines...
        Code:
        (
        GetPhrase(-1, 55, "\"<B>" .  ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 1971,  $::g_sRequiredColor) .
        GetPhrase($_[0], $_[1]) . ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 1970) . "</B>\"") . "<BR>\n"
        );
        Edit the <B> and <BR> tags you see there.

Comment

Originally posted by Krithika
          Hi Darren

You can alter or remove the table tags surrounding the error message within Design | Text. In this window, click on the Go To button and type in 2178 in the ID field and click OK. This field contains the commencement of the table tags. The closing tags are in ID = 2180.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

sure does thanks.

Darren
          Last edited by asterix; 14-Sep-2004, 09:19 AM. Reason: testing signature
          <br />
          Website | Multimedia | Design - Bradford [ <a href="http://www.futureprimeval.com" title="Website | Multimedia | Design - Bradford [ Future Primeval ]" target="_new">Future Primeval</a> ]
          <br />

Comment

Hi Chris

Thanks for this. One other quick question in the basket page I want to add a tabindex both the quantity fields and the remove check box is this possible and if so how to I do this.

Cheers

Darren
            Darren Tickle

Comment

Hi there

Could you please clarify the question? I'm not sure what a 'tabindex' is in this context.

The HTML for the shopping basket table comes from Act_ShoppingCartXML.html.

Comment

Hi Chris

A tabindex is used on form data so that people with disabilities can use the tab key to move from field to field within your form.

As I'm trying to meet RNIB standards I want to add the tabindex on all my form elements.

The only ones outstanding are the text area box for qty and the check box for the remove item on the basket page.

Cheers

Darren
                Darren Tickle

Comment

I don't think this will work as the same code is used for each instance of the quantity field/checkbox so each one would have the same tab index. If the tab index is empty would the browser not just use the order they are included in the HTML?

Comment

Hi Chris

No that's not the case. If thier isn't a tabindex against any of the form data it skips it out and goes to the next field with a tabindex.

I can't see where else this is used except in the basket page, as the qty field I use in the more product page has been hard coded.

Cheers

Darren
                    Darren Tickle

Comment

I'm afraid this is more Perl hacking. Sorry about that.

You need to open ActinicOrder.pm in Notepad.

The code for the 'Quantity' fields comes in from:
                      Code:
                      $sQuantityText = "<INPUT TYPE=TEXT SIZE=\"4\" NAME=\"Q_" . $nLineCount . "\" VALUE=\"". $sQuantityText . "\" STYLE=\"text-align: right;";
                      if ($aFailures->[$nLineCount]->{"QUANTITY"})
                      	{
                      	$sQuantityText .= "background-color: $::g_sErrorColor";
                      	}
                      $sQuantityText .= "\">";
                      I suggest changing

INPUT TYPE=TEXT SIZE=\"4\"

to

INPUT TYPE=TEXT tabindex=\"xxx\" SIZE=\"4\"

replacing xxx with whatever you want for your tabindex.

The code for the remove button is just underneath it
                      Code:
                      #
                      # Remove button
                      #
                      my $sRemove = "<INPUT TYPE=CHECKBOX NAME=\"D_" . $nLineCount . "\">";

Comment

Working...
                      X