Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Template Design

Hi,

I have Catalog Version 4, i know its old but it does the job. I have seen a template I like in Catalog Verson 7 and was wondering if there was anyway of incorperating that template into Version 4?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

Paul
    Paul Durbin
    Managing Director

SimFreeMobiles.net
    Cheap Mobile Phones
    Wholesale Prices

If I were doing this I would start with the v4 templates and edit them to copy the v7 theme you like.

The netquotevars are different in these versions so you can only bring across the design ideas

Comment

Is that the easiest and most effective way of moving the template?

Does Actinic not have a feature so I can install it into my version of Catalog?

Thanks
      Paul Durbin
      Managing Director

SimFreeMobiles.net
      Cheap Mobile Phones
      Wholesale Prices

Comment

You can upgrade from V4 to V7 with no problem. But I am not aware of any way of going backwards. Other than the way I suggested.

Comment

Ok, thanks for your help, I think i'll try what you said in the first place.

How do I edit tepmplates? I know it sounds stupid, but ive been trying to edit them in version 7 and havn't got a clue about it in version 4!

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks
          Paul Durbin
          Managing Director

SimFreeMobiles.net
          Cheap Mobile Phones
          Wholesale Prices

Comment

The Designing with Actinic guide for v7 available HERE gives a good general overview for approaching templates - although of course many of the tricks in there will just be in v7 rather than v4. It should help provide a context and framework though.

Comment

Working...
            X