Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

packing list when not using order processing

Hi everyone -

We are using Actinic Catalog V6. We have order processing turned off. We process credit cards in house, so the data entry report we print is great for that. But, we need something else for our packer to use when packing orders; we don't like the idea of the credit card number being on the sheet the packer uses. Any way to get a packing slip when order processing is turned off?

Thanks - Jen

Hi there,

I understand your concern involved with customers CC numbers, however what I would do in order to overcome this is in Actinic goto View | Orders goto the completed tab, select all the orders that need to be shipped or the orders that you request the packing list for and and then click on the button 'Reprint packing list' and select the standard report.
    A box will appear asking 'select print destination' choose 'Print' which should overcome your anxiety.
    Thank You
    Menar Khan

Comment

Hello Menar -

Thanks for your reply. What version are you working with? Because in the version I have (v6 of Catalog) if you have "Bypass Order Processing" turned off in the Business Settings, then the Data Entry report is the only report available to you. I cannot print a packing list. If I click on the Reprint packing list button, I get a popup that only gives me the choice to print the data entry report, which has the credit card number on it.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks - Jen

Comment

You could

a) Use crystal reports 8.5 to customise your data entry report to remove the credit card details and then use the credit card report to take credit card payments.

b) Define the packing list report as a user defined report and use the date fields to print the packing lists for the whole day.

c) I have a product in beta that will print packing lists for orders off as they arrive (see http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Ord...sing_Mole.html for more details), OR you could use this to mark invoices etc as printed and ship orders and then have order processing switched on and use the standard facilities to print packing lists.

Regards,

Jan
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan --

Thanks for your reply, and for the link to your site. It's all looks very helpful.

I was wondering about your suggestion to set up a user-defined report. I can't seem to find information about this anywhere... in the Actinic Knowledgebase, in the help files. etc. Is this an option in Catalog?

Thanks again - Jen

Comment

It's in the advanced user guide. Once it has been set up then you will get a new tab on the report selection tab with the report details. You could actually do this in two ways, have one for dates and one for reports that have not had the packing list printed, also if you wanted to reprint the occasional packing list then you could have a third form where you specify the order number (you would need to change this for each print and then open and close the report select to read the new order number in, the order number in the example below is just one of mine that I used for testing the ini file lines). You will find reports.ini in your site directory.

There seems to be a bug in user defined reports in that if you run a report with a date and then one without the date from the first report is used for the second report, so make sure that you close the report selection dialog after running a report with a date. In fact I would probably say to choose to use either dates or outstanding reports to avoid confusion.

Add the lines below to your reports.ini to set up the three reports I mentioned.

[Reports]
            OutstandingPackingLists="Outstanding Packing Lists"
            PackingListForOrder="Transactions by Referrer with Product Details"
            PackingListByDate="Packing List By Date"

[OutstandingPackingLists]
            ReportName=orders.rpt
            SelectionFormula=
            ExtraConditions="{Orders.nBomStatus} = 0 AND {Orders.bOrderIsDeleted} = FALSE"

[PackingListByDate]
            ReportName=orders.rpt
            FromDate="Select &From:"
            ToDate="Select &To:"
            TestedDate="orders.date ordered"
            SelectionFormula=
            ExtraConditions="{Orders.bOrderIsDeleted} = false"

[PackingListForOrder]
            ReportName=orders.rpt
            SelectionFormula=
            ExtraConditions="{Orders.bOrderIsDeleted} = false and {Orders.Order Number} = 'NC96BP10000059' "

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X