Tax error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax error

I charge taxes only when shipping to a destination within my state (Texas). Most of the time I don't have a problem. But every now and then, I get the following error when importing an order into Quickbooks:

in Order processor; QuickBooks Tax Code for
    Actinic Tax Name 1: TX Sales Tax
    Actinic Tax 1 Rate: Exempt
    Actinic Tax Name 2: (None)
    Actinic Tax 2 Rate: <Empty>
    cannot be found in the tax grid. Please adjust your tax settings.

I only get this error if it is a Texas customer, and then only every now and then. Any ideas?
    -------

Pat

Hi Pat,

Could you please provide me with the steps, so that I could try replicating this issue on my PC?
    Cheers,
    Suresh Babu G

Comment

Hope this helps.

1. Download orders (I use Mole-end to kickoff the download/upload)

2. Display the order, click on "reprint packing list" button, then select "export to files". This exports the order to Quickbooks using Quicklinks. 99.9% of the time this works fine. But every now and then I get the error above. I get this error ONLY when ship to is in Texas (and therefore tax is charged), but I do NOT get it for every Texas ship-to customer.

I think change the state to Utah, export the order, change the state back to Texas in Actinic, go to Quickbooks, change that to Texas and set the order back to taxable. A pain in the backside, but it doesn't happen too often.
      -------

Pat

Comment

It just means that the order has got a tax status on it which is not accounted for in the 'Tax' grid of Actinic Link to QuickBooks (Actinic to QuickBooks).

Create a new row and in the 'Actinic Tax 1 Name' grid enter 'TX Sales Tax' and in the Tax 1 Rate select 'Exempt' from the drop-down. You will then need to select an appropriate QuickBooks tax code and item in the right-hand two columns. This should account for the orders.

Comment

Thanks, Chris. The problem, then, is with the order. Orders shipping within Texas are not exempt. Do you know why I'm getting some orders through as exempt for Texas? What I have setup to allow that? Or better, what do I change not to allow that?
          -------

Pat

Comment

One or more of your products has the 'Tax Treatment' grid for your 'Texas' tax set to 'Exempt'. Check the orders that are giving you problems, and see if they all contain the same product(s).

Comment

Working...
            X