IE security issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IE security issue

We have recently discovered that actinic shopping cart does not work with IE when security setting is set to high we have also been informed of this problem by our customers....

Just click the link to redirect I hear you cry that does not work either any suggestions????

I have posted this before, but since I made a small modification to it, I'll post it again. It is also in the knowledge base, but it is hard to find.

It would be possible for customers to limp though an Actinic site with IE security set to high if it was not for the SSL bounce. Every other bounce lets the user click on 'here.' to continue, but this bounce makes the site freeze.

The page being built by ShoppingCart.pl should let the user continue manually.

In ShoppingCart.pl, find this code:
    $sHTML = "<HTML><HEAD>\n" .
    "<SCRIPT LANGUAGE='JavaScript'>\n" .
    "<!-- \n" .
    "function onLoad() {document.Bounce.submit();}\n" .
    "// -->\n" .
    "</SCRIPT>\n" .
    "</HEAD>\n" .
    "<BODY OnLoad='onLoad();'>\n" .
    "<FORM NAME='Bounce' METHOD=POST ACTION='$sURL'>\n" .
    "<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME='ACTINIC_REFERRER' VALUE='$sReferrer'>\n" .
    "<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME='COOKIE' VALUE='$sCookie'>\n" .
    "<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME='CARTCOOKIE' VALUE='$sCartCookie'>\n" .
    "<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME='SESSIONID' VALUE='$sSessionID'>\n" .
    "<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME='DIGEST' VALUE='$sBusinessCookie'>\n" .
    $sHTMLParams .

Underneath that code, add the following line:
    "<br>Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page<noscript> or click <input type=submit name='here' value='here'></noscript>.\n" .

The space and period at the end of the line is very important.

This provides a button so the user can manually move to the next page. With more people using high security, this has become critical. In my testing, I have not found any other problems except that the user has to keep clicking 'here' through the shopping cart process.
    Bob Ladden

Comment

ie security leverl

Hi,

I have found that when i increase the browers security settings in ie 6.0.28 to high level that when i click the link to enter my store it wont open at all. Please try it and advise ASAP

www.trustmeimathief.com/store.html --- the click enter store.

Andy

Comment

The link uses Javascript to open a new window. High security disables Javascript. Change the link to a simple html link. Use target="_blank" if you really want a new window.
        Bob Ladden

Comment

javascript

Thanks for that.
          Surely by disabling javascript you actually narrow down your entire web experience to very little! There are tons of sites using javascript! I wonder what percentage of people actully have ie set to high security - because its pointless trying to set up a site without using javascript.

I dont suppose you know how to get rid of the standard shipping cost when you add something to cart - its very annoying as shipping is not priced accordingly untill the country is selected but i keep getting a generic standard shipping included from the outset.

Thanks again.

Andy

Comment

The shipping charge only shows in the cart once you have gone partway through checkout and Actinic has determined what it should be.

Customers won't see it. It's only there in your cart because you've been testing the system.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

shipping

Hey,

the store in now running in full mode not test mode and when you select a a mail order cd or digital download it automatically add the 3 euro charge i have set for the rest of europe zone. Have a look yourself.

www.trustmeimathief.com/store.html then click enter store

Andy

Comment

Try it on another PC or go and delete your actinic cookies.

As I said, it's only doing it to you because you've been partway through checkout and has already decided what you should be paying for shipping (and stored it in your cookie or session file). Delete the cookie and it won't know who you are and won't add the shipping charge until you go through checkout.

I did try myself and can confirm that it doesn't add the standard shipping charge for me.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
                X