Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click to accept terms & conditions

Hi,
    I want to put a checkbox into the ordering process whereby the ucustomer is forced to check it (to accept terms & conditions) BEFORE sending the order.

I've tried various alternatives, but all I can get is the user having to accept the terms each time he places an item in the cart - not quite what I want! Presumably this is because it all uses the same primary template.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
    Stu
    Cheers,
    Stu

I don't think that you can force a check box to be checked using actinic, other people have tried to do this and have ended having to change the button text.

I think that you need to look at the checkout templates rather than the act primary template. They are listed on the 'Ordering tab' on the template manager.

Finally take a look at design text because there are all sorts of user definable fields in there for the various stages of checkout and you may find that you can use one of those.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Why do you need a check box? Simply putting "submitting your order confirms acceptance of our terms and conditions" is enough. Then just ensure all your pages have links to your T&C page.

I do something similar for www.speeding.co.uk accept our terms and conditions include the line "use of this site confirms acceptence of our terms and conditions"

Andy

Comment

Thanks for your reply Andy,
        Nice site - we're in a similar game (not competitors!). I like the Clarkson bit at the front!

I posted a test order to see it through, and see what you mean. Its just that the chap who owns the site is adamant that that this is what he wants - there must be a way to do it.

No harm in including your option too though.

Thanks anyway, any other ideas?

Stu
        Cheers,
        Stu

Comment

i find the talking a bit irrritating... but the bloke i designed the site for really liked them. We've had no negative feedback which is unusual, cos every site i've put audio on before i've had complaints about (theres more on other pages inside the site).

Explain to your customer that having that tick box on the checkout page may discourage people from buying, as they'd feel they have to read the T&C before ordering (which will probably be quite long). Then maybe he might be more open to other suggestions...

Lets face it... people shop online to buy things quickly and cheaply, they don't want to have to wade through the T&C's cos it takes too long. Its nice to give them the option for people that want to know where they stand, but most people (me included) never bother reading T&C's

I can't think of any other way of doing it (although i'm not an actinic expert anyway!)...

Andy

Comment

Thanks Andy,

Yes, I suppose after you've heard him waffle several hundred times, it would get irritating, I like the on/off button though.

Your points re the T&Cs are good ones - I shall mention it to him, though we did have a lengthy discussion about his fears of a possible comeback - he just wanted to ensure customers had to make a positive action to confirm acceptance.

The T&Cs are indeed lengthy, but contain nothing out of the ordinary.

If I succeed in doing what he wants, I'll post it here, in the meantime, if anyone else has suceeded, or has any other ideas, please fell free . . . !

Thanks again,
            Nice site,
            Regards,
            Stu
            Cheers,
            Stu

Comment

I have succeeded! As promised, here's the solution that has worked for me . . .

I wanted a required checkbox in the payment page so the user has to physically accept terms and conditions.

Go to 'Design | Design Text | Checkout | Payment Details' and tick the 'User Definable' checkbox. Tick the 'Required' checkbox. Enter 'Terms & Conditions agreed' in the prompt. Then . . .

Open 'Act_Order02.html' and locate the following code in the template:

<input type="TEXT" name="PAYMENTUSERDEFINED" size="20" maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:PAYMENTUSERDEFINED">

This is the code for the user defined field, and by default it is a text field. Change the above code to read:

<input type= "CHECKBOX" name="PAYMENTUSERDEFINED" value="CHECKED" NETQUOTEVAR:PAYMENTUSERDEFINED>

NOTE: You can add a link to the T&Cs for viewing by the user if desired. (I put it after the checkbox - or you can make the prompt the link). Alternatively, putting "submitting your order confirms acceptance of our terms and conditions" may be enough. Then just ensure all your pages have links to your T&C page.

Hope this helps,
              Stu
              Thanks to those who helped and also to previous posts,
              Cheers,
              Stu

Comment

Working...
              X