Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload of Catalog Page

Ok,
    Sometimes I make one specific change to a site page which I know I just want to upload there and then. It should be possible to right-click on a brochure page and select upload to site and it happens there and then.

Adam
    http://www.collectandplay.com

Wouldn't it be lovely if this was the case!

Unfortunately, due to the way Actinic works using 'includes' (or NETQUOTEVARS in Actinic speak), it has to generate the pages for the site each time it publishes. The reason for this is that sometimes a change in one template can affect an array of files all of which will then need to be reuploaded.

I appreciate that occasionally there are times when you've just added a new fragment / product and you think "Why can't I just upload this page"?
    The answer is because Actinic still has to send other files which allow the searchsystem to work given the new information you've uploaded to the site.

If anyone from Actinic knows whether a selective FTP function is in the piepline it would be nice to hear from them.............

Cheers

Jos
    Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
    www.internetology.co.uk
    Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

When uploading brochure pages, this should not be such an issue as these are not included in the search files.

I would agree that shop pages would need a run through the regeneration.
      www.collectandplay.com - Combining Actinic Catalog and Macromedia Coldfusion in a heady mix of chaos and confusion.

Comment

Working...
      X