Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choice dependent products - alternative method

Hi

I found a way of having choice dependent prices without using components and attributes in the advanced guide, but it doesn't work. I have included the details of it below.

Has anybody tried this method and got it working? I have added 3 made up products but when I preview it, there is only one of the add to cart special buttons appearing. Any help would be great as this would be a more suitable way of displaying certain products.

Thanks

Ben

Alternative Method for Doing Choice-Dependent Pricing

1. Make sure you are not using images for your add-to cart buttons. This is set in 'Design | Options | Shop Defaults'.

2. Set the 'Shopping Mode' of the section you want this feature enabled in to 'Quantity on Confirmation Page'.

3. Create a standard product and in the 'Button' prompt field (in the 'Layout' tab) enter the text for your first option - e.g. "Small - £1.00".

4. Now copy and paste the product underneath and select 'Hide on Web Site' on the copied product (in the 'General' tab). Change the 'Button' prompt field to your next choice.

5. Repeat the process until you have created all your options.

6. Now go to 'Advanced | Custom Properties' and create a new custom property called ACT_DISP_NEXT_HID_HTML_BTN

You will now have a number of Add to Cart buttons for one product - each one adding a different item to the cart.
    Last edited by bjh555; 09-Sep-2004, 10:23 AM. Reason: Incorrect wording

Corrr. I have sat all day trying to work this one out.

I have gone through the process over and over and over again. I have re-entered the custom property numerous times. I am beginning to think that it is not a problem with what I am doing and is actually an Actinic problem.

Well, if anyone knows a solution, I'd be extremely grateful. Time is running away from me shall we say to get the site finished.

Thanks (sorry for pestering, desperation is a bad thing!!!)

Ben.

Comment

Hmmm....

I have tried this and I can't get it to work either.

The problem is that this is a pretty obscure bit of functionality which isn't included in normal testing, and it looks like a change was made to v7 which broke it (it does work in v6).

Sorry about that - I'll get it removed from the advanced user guide.

In the meantime THIS knowledge base article will tell you how to create a vertical list of push buttons for your attribute choices (which is better than nothing).

Comment

Working...
      X