Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allocating a reference code to each size attribute

Hi there

I've set up a store selling t-shirts. Each T-shirt has a size and needs a unique reference code for each particular size. At present I've got a drop down list of sizes but the only place I can see to put the reference code is in the 'Choice Name', however this then shows in the cart and consequently on the receipt page.

Is there another way to achieve this other than to have seperate products for each size?

Regards Garry

Ok so I've discovered a work around (from another posting) and boy is it a pain in the neck load of work.

For every attribute on each product one must create a hidden product with the reference number you require and in the component | permutations tab associate the hidden product with the choice via the 'product' drop down.

The problem here is I have 20 proucts (not many) and 4 size attributes for each, so that's 80 hidden products I have to produce...

... is there any easier way, please, please help

Garry

Comment

There is no quicker way I'm afraid. Sorry about that.

If you use copy and paste to create similar products it should not take a huge amount of time.

Comment

Oh well...

Thanks Chris...

Along with the client, we decided on a workaround. It was to put the initial part of the reference number in the actual product reference for the item and then take the sizing that was chosen in the permutation and using some fancy VB join them in the excel orderlines export.

Maybe this function could go on the wishlist for V7.1?

Regards Garry

Comment

Working...
        X