User Guide for v7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User Guide for v7

Hi - I cut my teeth with Actinic on v6 and found myself referring every 5 minutes to the User Guide.pdf (and still do). is there an updated version of this document for v7??

The v7 Advanced User Guide and the Manual in the box don't go into nearly as much depth as my v6 User Guide - and I'm frustrated that I can't find information detailed information about all the good new stuff in v7. Am I missing something?

Cheers
    Ed

PS - this general query is fuelled by a specific point and that is what is code snippet that I should use to link the new contact us form in v7?? Just knowing that would cheer me up.

The *.pdf file was just a print out of the Help file. We got rid of it in v7 because:
    a) It added about 4MB to the file size when people were downloading evaluation software
    b) We did a random survey of some users and found that no-one was using it

The main help ('Help | Help Topics') in v7 is now in a much more user-friendly 'HTML Help' format, and you can print the relevant articles you need to.

Comment

PS - this general query is fuelled by a specific point and that is what is code snippet that I should use to link the new contact us form in v7?? Just knowing that would cheer me up.
      Let's see if I can help...

You need to use...

NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBMAILLINK

if you are using the link in an Actinic template. Or use

http://your.URL/cgi-bin/mf000001.pl?ACTION=SHOWFORM

for non-Actinic pages.

Comment

Working...
      X