Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Actinic: variables

Hi Guys

I am hoping that someone can help as I am total stumped on this one. I am using Javascript to evaluate the contents of some variables. I can happily do stuff like:

alert("NETQUOTEVAR:variable");

and I get the value stored in the Actinic variable just fine. However what I am really trying to do is tell at any point who is logged in (not display it but just check and act accordingly). To do this I have tried:

alert("Actinic:NOWSERVING");
    alert('Actinic:NOWSERVING');
    alert(Actinic:NOWSERVING);
    alert("<Actinic:NOWSERING/>")
    alert('<Actinic:NOWSERING/>')
    alert(<Actinic:NOWSERING/>)

But all I get is either the text: Actinic:NOWSERVING in the alert or a Javascript error. I actually want to do slightly more tricky stuff with the Javascript but I am using alert for simplicity sake in this post.

I guess the basic question is weather or not it is possible to use Actinic: variables in the same way as NETQUOTEVAR: variables.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Cheers.

These type of variables e.g. <Actinic:NOWSERVING/> don't get used to generate static HTML.

They mark sections of the page that Perl scripts use when generating modified HTML for logged in customers and the like. The scripts look for these tags and create varying HTML output depending on whether the customer is logged-in or not.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

So a re-think then.

Hi Norman

Thanks for confirming my worst fear. Basically I have built away of having personal areas on my site for specific customers. When a customer logs in I want them to see their personal area on the main section page. I have this working but as all the other private sites are bypassed in the building of the page the link to the customers private area could be floating arround anywhere in a half empty table. Functionally it all works but asthetically it looks pants.

Do you know anyway of diverting users when they log in to a specific page (I don't want all users who log in to be sent to the same place, I need them to go to their own "home" page).

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
      X