Which Template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Template?

I want to change the appearance of my main brochure pages and remove the wide blank area on the left of the page. (When I enter fragments on my home page they look off centre. I presume this blank area is an empty table which, on the catalogue pages, contains the navigation items for basket, checkout, search etc.?) I am using the curves theme in v.6

I was all set to hack away at the Act_BrochurePrimary template when I saw this in the template list on page 16 of the A.U.G.:

Act_CatalogueBody.html
    Controls the appearance of the first page (index.html)

Which one of these templates, if any, should I be changing? Any ideas, suggestions etc gratefully recieved.

As a post script, is v.7 any easier to use when it comes to design? I am happy enough with the functionality of v.6 but I would consider an upgrade if it made site design a little less traumatic

Thanks in advance
    flyingbooks secondhand, rare and collectable aviation books and publications

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got

Hi there

Looking a default Actinic site using the curves theme, the large blank table you mention appears in the template Act_brouchureprimary.

I removed the table by removing the following line from the template.

<td width="200" valign="top" align="left" background="pxl_black.gif">&nbsp;
    </td>

I have also attached the brouchure primary template I removed the table from, so you can just try that if you like, and save it to your site1 folder, good idea to take a backup of your existing template before overwriting it.

I wouldnt really say that deigning a site is any easier in V7, as you are still faced with the html templates which you can access through Advanced | Template manager, one new feature that may make life easier in V7 though is it now has a 'real time' preview pane within the software, so you can see the changes you are making to product/sections etc as they would appear online.

Hope that helps
    ________
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you James. Everything going straight down the middle now!

Just as a matter of interest though, what's the diff between Act-BrochurePrimary, and the CatalogBody templates? Is the AUG incorrect or am I just missing something?

Thanks again, Ian

P.S. too many other demands on the old "beer tokens" to upgrade to V.7 just yet!
      flyingbooks secondhand, rare and collectable aviation books and publications

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got

Comment

Just as a matter of interest though, what's the diff between Act-BrochurePrimary, and the CatalogBody templates?
        The BrouchurePrimary is the default overall layout template that governs the look and feel of the brochure pages.

The CatalogBody template is used to generate the "BULK" portion of the front store page. This page contains a list of links to top-level sections, any products inserted at the top level in the store, and all of the information text and the marketing text.

Hope that helps
        ________

Comment

Working...
        X