Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front page problem

Hi,

I've got some issues with trying to make my site more individual. I am trying to make changes within Dreamweaver MX simply to the front page. What ever I do Actinic seems to just change it all back. I am not sure if it's the wrong template I am using or something else.

I have installed the Dreamweaver Extension and have made small changes to other templates within the site but just not the index.htm

Can anyone help or perhaps point me in the direction of a guide (preferabley step by step!)

Cheers

Chris

dreamweaver

I tend to treat my index page separately to the rest of the actinic site, this allows you to do as you please with the index page, so I upload my actinic site then go to dreamweaver and upload to the site the index page.

www.wazoola.co.uk Baby slippers and keepsake boxes
    www.orangefish-directory.co.uk business directory coming soon!
    I have no signature

Comment

Are you talking about your brochure 'Home' page here? If so, then you need to edit the templates rather than the generated pages. That way, Actinic will use your edited files when generating the finished pages.

The template for the overall layout of the page is usually Act_BrochurePrimary.html and can be found in your 'Site1' folder. An introduction to templates can be found in the 'Editing HTML' chapter in the main Actinic help, and in 'DesignGuide.pdf' within the 'Starter Guide' folder in your Actinic installation directory.

Comment

Working...
      X